Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCS Meetings This Week - Could Impact MU

That would have a possibility, but that would diminish the Bowl games.

One of the angles that has been widely discussed was to use the Bowl games as host sites, which is what I am referring to.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    That would have a possibility, but that would diminish the Bowl games.

One of the angles that has been widely discussed was to use the Bowl games as host sites, which is what I am referring to.
    The reason it never happens is the bowl games. I wonder though, with bowl games losing more and more money, if that might change in the future. My preference would be to follow the D2 & D3 process. I doubt it would happen. And to me, that is a shame. The process as it is now leaves me with waning interest each year. I watched just parts of the Championship Game this year. Watching less and less each year.

One problem that was brought up with respect to schools hosting playoff game is what happens if TCU, Oregon, Stanford, or other schools with stadiums of 50,000 would host the game. What about schools like Wake Forest with 35,000?

The game would be a sellout, but would the BCS and their greed be ok with a game in a stadium whose capacity is less than the 2011-2012 attendance of bowl games like Liberty, Meineke Car Care, Insight, Music City, Alamo, Holiday, Chick-Fil-A, etc all of which were not BCS bowls but drew over 50,000?

My guess is they keep the bowl structure in place and add one. If they are worried about attendance don't name the bowl that will host until season ends. Just make sure you have some early bowl games in a few different regions (New Orleans Bowl, Holiday Bowl, Almo Bowl, Motor City Bowl, etc). Probably too complicated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12