Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dress Rehearsal Tommorow

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    I look forward to over-analyzing every single aspect of this game and drawing season-long conclusions based on the 40 minutes of game time
    This.

These early games mean precious little, in terms of everything.

Basketball is back, which is exciting. But beyond that...not much value.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Your obvious sarcasm aside, no one will be drawing any significant conclusions from this exhibition. Some hints as to where Wojo may be thinking or leaning or style, yes. Otherwise, just anxious to get the show on the road.
    You won't be, but Id bet someone on this board will draw some season long conclusions... Happens every year.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    This.

Bingo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    This.

I would usually agree with that. The difference this year is that Wojo has never coached a game as HC and has never coached in the BC. So this exhibition is a dry run for Wojo and his staff to get acclimated to the surroundings. Suspect there will be 2 closed scrimmages next year with no exhibition game.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    You won't be, but Id bet someone on this board will draw some season long conclusions... Happens every year.
    We got season-long conclusions drawn based on the Madness & Haunted Hoops scrimmages. Of COURSE people will read way too much into every nuance of today's game

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    I would usually agree with that. The difference this year is that Wojo has never coached a game as HC and has never coached in the BC. So this exhibition is a dry run for Wojo and his staff to get acclimated to the surroundings. Suspect there will be 2 closed scrimmages next year with no exhibition game.
    That would really surprise me, Wojo even said at Duke they never did closed scrimmages.

It will probably depend on how well the Virginia scrimmage went. If Wojo felt it was a good experience, it wouldn't surprise me to see those expanded upon in the future. If not, then exhibitions can serve as a good rah-rah point as you pummel a weaker team & sell some tickets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12