Thread: 11.6 Platteville (Exhib.)

11.6 Platteville (Exhib.)

Panthers vs. UW-Platteville (Exhibition)

Tip: 7:00pm

at

UWM Panther Arena

What are some things you are going to be looking for? Expectations, anyone?

You might be able to get a general sense of how the coaches intend to create the rotation and how they split up minutes. I would expect minute totals to be lower then for a regular game. You don't want to get people overly tired and or hurt in a game that does not count. This will also be an important game to look at some of the younger players as well.

Sloppy ball play from the Panthers so far. About 3-4 turnovers from miscommunication...

After a rusty first half, I started to like more of what I saw with the Panthers offensively tonight in the second half. The defense looks like it's going to be pretty stout from what I saw.

Akeem's got a spark and I like some of what I saw out of Trinson coming off the bench.

If only JJ can get it going offensively, he's going to be such a monster in the paint.
    Last edited by Tyrunner0097; 11-06-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Great student crowd! Let's hope the keeps up for most home games.
    March Madness starts in November

From a student section standpoint here are my notes: lots of different groups in the section tried to contribute/start chants and cheers which was great to see. Hopefully that continues. A lot more students seemed engaged in the game which was also good to see. Saw a few guys and heard a couple of girls even that seemed like they might be good sbgc candidates so thats great. Jimmy said that two guys in the front are from KU and want to help us make our student section a big deal so i hope to god they follow up on that and contact me like he told them to, because that would be great to have. I am going to email band and cheer again and set something up with them soon now that my school schedule is finally starting to ease up some because that coordination was absolutely god awful. Especially between cheer and the student section. They need some of their cheerleaders facing towards the student side ao we can actually hear what they are chanting and so they can tell the rest when we are already starting to chant something because a few times they started after we did or vice versa because you cant hear each other enough. Band seemed like they want to chant but are timid. Also feel like there is a better way to have them cordinate with music on PA but that is outside my realm. I am liking the new director so far though!
    School of Architecture - Class of 2016
    "Dressed in the Panther's skin, the Ass spread terror far and wide" #FireBraun

Organization is something that I had heard about and was hoping to see out of the north endzone for this first game. The band certainly had their **** together. I have a theory as to why things are the way they are:

Smartphones. I saw plenty of girls taking selfies, or people scrolling instagram and twitter while the game was going on. It's something they have to get moving on. I wonder if there is a way to take advantage of this.

What I mean is, what if we did this: we build an app for Android/Windows/Apple smartphones. The app alerts students what the next chant is going to be. When the fight song is up, it puts the words on the screen. It shows what the arm movements are. Is anyone able to get on this? I smell an opportunity for the App Brewery.