Thread: OT: Hinkle Renovations

OT: Hinkle Renovations

They're almost done with the renovation project, and the place looks great. Loved my visit last year, even though the game was crap. Highly recommend it.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...tball/24781817

Really enjoyed it there last year (aside from the end of the game). Was surprised the length of the court didn't match the length of the building. Very unique building.

It was also a good time getting snowed in Indy and having to spend the night at the bar with friends.
    "Your greatness will silence them all." - The Ultimate Warrior

I was excited to see the place last year and was very disappointed. Granted, the history of the building was pretty cool, but it was a dump. The councourses were pretty nasty and the seating was less than stellar. Improvements really look good and should enhance the place quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    I was excited to see the place last year and was very disappointed. Granted, the history of the building was pretty cool, but it was a dump. The councourses were pretty nasty and the seating was less than stellar. Improvements really look good and should enhance the place quite a bit.
    I concur and I'll throw in that its location sucks too - you're parking in a neighborhood and bars and restaurants are not in close proximity. Their fans were nice and I also agree that the renovations look good.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post

Yeah I have seen more than one game at that place, and I have never quite understood the love. Of course I prefer Miller Park to Wrigley Field too. I appreciate history, but when going to a game I want to be comfortable (I'm 6'3") and have a good view of the action.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Yeah I have seen more than one game at that place, and I have never quite understood the love. Of course I prefer Miller Park to Wrigley Field too. I appreciate history, but when going to a game I want to be comfortable (I'm 6'3") and have a good view of the action.
    I too prefer Miller Park, PNC Park, etc to Wrigley Field. But old stadiums can be very nice if maintained and updated, which it looks like Hinkle has done.
    I must say that Fenway Park, which is the same age as Wrigley I think, has done a great job of keeping the old ballpark feel while continually upgrading the stadium. I very much enjoyed Fenway (despite the Brewers getting crushed) and thought it to be a great venue.

Butler putting that new BE money to good use. Very nice update, but I don't think Coach Dale or Jimmy Chitwood would approve.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I am a lifelong, diehard Cub fan and A season ticket holder. And I believe Wrigley Field is a dump. Now they have begun a long overdue overhaul on the place, but in this day and age of comfort and niceties, Wrigley and Hinkle certainly lag behind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    Butler putting that new BE money to good use. Very nice update, but I don't think Coach Dale or Jimmy Chitwood would approve.
    They were almost done fundraising while still a member of the Horizon League. That Big East money is going to plenty of other things.

My only gripe with Hinkle is the floor, the Butler script isn't necessary, should just have the logo. If they need script, should be smaller and flat. The curved, huge "Butler" is hideous. Am I alone on that one?