Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Journal Buyouts

Journal Buyouts

We already knew Michael Hunt was taking a buyout at the Milwaukee Journal, but also taking buyouts this round are sports guys Don Walker and Bob Wolfley. Wolfley had been there 30 years, Walker 36 and Hunt 25.

I got to know Wolfley aka "Lobo" and Walker pretty well when I was there, great guys. Can't imagine what the Journal will be a year from now.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    We already knew Michael Hunt was taking a buyout at the Milwaukee Journal, but also taking buyouts this round are sports guys Don Walker and Bob Wolfley. Wolfley had been there 30 years, Walker 36 and Hunt 25.

I got to know Wolfley aka "Lobo" and Walker pretty well when I was there, great guys. Can't imagine what the Journal will be a year from now.
    I saw that. Here is Wolfley's article. Just a small blurb at the end by the editor with a mention.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/280268012.html

I'd be interested, Jim, to hear your take on Walker's contribution to the "noise" prior to MU's departure for the Sweet 16 a few years back. Personally, I was really turned off by it. Yellow journalism, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AbovetheRim View Post
    I'd be interested, Jim, to hear your take on Walker's contribution to the "noise" prior to MU's departure for the Sweet 16 a few years back. Personally, I was really turned off by it. Yellow journalism, IMO.

Someone over on the Scoop board said that Walker is "a season ticket holder and a huge MU fan."

Walker is a season ticket holder and an MU fan. I believe he is also an alum. At that time he was given an assignment and did his job.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I see him in the hallway at many games. So, I'm guessing he is there most , if not all the time.
    March Madness starts in November

I believe he is also "employed" by Marquette right now on a Journalism fellowship.

Walker is a season ticket holder and an MU fan. I believe he is also an alum. At that time he was given an assignment and did his job.
    So someone at the JS decided that two days before a Sweet 16 game was a good time to search the MU roster for muni citations? Gotta love that hometown paper.

I wouldn't doubt they search muni citations as a matter of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    So someone at the JS decided that two days before a Sweet 16 game was a good time to search the MU roster for muni citations? Gotta love that hometown paper.
    Was there ever a citation? Seemed to be more in the realm of allegations? Now, there were citations when those 4 or 5 guys were ticketed for being underage in a drinking establishment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast