Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11.14 Auburn

The low in Alabama is 30 degrees? ****.

We blew it. No way I can sugar-coat this. We blew this game and I'm doing everything possible to keep the tattered remains of my sanity together.

Can't make a free-throw to save our lives... like usual.

The "refs" were a joke.

Just incredibly f'ing disappointed.

Yep, shoulda won but we blew it, terrible free-throw shooting, some dumb fouls(as well as some bad calls), and all around sloppy play at the end. Justin Jordan was playing more like the 5th year senior and McWhorter more like the freshmen.

Cody fouling a three point as the shot clock was running out. Brett passing the ball out of bounds was a killer. That was 5 points right there.

Must defend without using your hands. Same problem as last year.
    March Madness starts in November

That was a frustrating game to watch. 8 on 5 those refs were out to get us!!

It was a given that the refs were going to handcuff us as much as possible.

The positives I can give, at least for now:

Akeem is a budding phenom. Just so many good moves and shots he made last night. I had a double-take when I remembered he's only a soph.

Justin Jordan's had a very good showing to start off his collegiate career.

Brett Prahl had the highlight of the night and he's going to be a beast in the paint.

And honestly, I think we probably could've/would've won if Austin was healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-waukee View Post
    That was a frustrating game to watch. 8 on 5 those refs were out to get us!!
    I mean, I agree with you, but the last 5 minutes we didn't do ourselves any favors.

If Auburn had 8,113 fans in the crowd I'll eat my shoe. There's no way that's even paid attendance, because this was their season opener and Bruce Pearl's first game.

Free throw rate, or free throws attempted per possession, is one of the four factors to winning according to Statsheet.com.

Free throws attempted:

Auburn: 39
    Milwaukee: 14

Ball game.

Just looked over the stats again. It would've been a lot closer with the whole FT deal, but Akeem was 0-7 on 3's and a lot of those were in-and-outs. If 3 of those go in, it's a whole other ballgame.

Yeah Springs shoots a lot of jumpers that don't go in. But I don't think that meant the game!!

I think the worst shot was Springs early in the shot clock with like a minute and a half left. That killed it for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123