Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intrasquad Scrimmage 10.21

Not a lot of inside driving and we just saw why.

Scotty Tyler drew a charge from Tiby and bumped his head kind of hard. Stayed in though.

Both Wichmann and Arians are playing hard. Both have really raised their game. Arians is looking like a growing monster on defense.

Halftime. So far, three have really been catching my eye: Wichmann, Arians, and Lyle. All three have been stepping up big.

Justin Jordan's got some positives but still with some freshman rawness.

Trinson's getting some good looks too.

Both Tiby and McWhorter look off tonight. Not a lot to say with those two.

McWhorter made a nice behind-the-back to Brock for a 3, then Justin went deep to Akeen for a dunk.

Brock making some good shots.

Panoske's going more under the hoop. Looking better. Tiby has had a better half after sitting for a long stretch.

About 300 or so fans at the KC.

Justin Jordan looks solid for a freshman.

JR Lyle has really work on his shot. Had two silky-smooth back to bsck three's in the 1st half.

Trinson White looked pretty good. Will be one of the main men of the bench for the Panthers.

The East Troy twins looked average at best. It will be a growing process for the them. If JJ and Tiby get into foul trouble, this could be a problem with Kelm and Moore gone.

As I saw in the Pro-Am, please don't have Springs shooting three's. Can get up on the glass!
    March Madness starts in November

Here is what I saw overall from the scrimmage in terms of player performance.

JR Lyle and Trinson are going to be capable replacements for Jay-O this year. Both guys are going to score big if this scrimmage is any indication.

Arians and Wichmann both were going full throttle and Wichmann caught my eye tonight. He may not have been particularly sharp shooting overall, but was playing aggressive, and even made a nice couple drives to the hoop. Austin's defense looks like it's improved as well.

Both McWhorter and Tiby looked off tonight until late in the game. I didn't pry into it when I talked to Tiby afterwards, but he almost looked a little under the weather for a while, but did start to get shots falling late in the scrimmage after spending a spell on the bench. Oh, and Tiby's saying he's going with a "DBZ" look with his hair this season.

JJ Panoske didn't show anything offensively early on, but midway through the 2nd half, finally started situating himself under the basket more.

Dan Struder had some good moments, as did Justin Jordan.

White 20 pts and 14 rebounds

Lyle 19 pts and 4 rebounds

Springs 15 pts and 12 rebounds
    March Madness starts in November

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast