Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boot Camp

Boot Camp

Normally we would be starting to hear about Boot Camp this week as we have for the past 6 years. Can't imagine that the guys are missing this....

Eh, now it seems kinda Hokey.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

I wouldn't doubt that Wojo is doing similar things just without the brand name. It was basically a team building exercise.

With Todd Smith still around, you know these guys will be in top physical condition coming into the season. Todd shows no mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    Eh, now it seems kinda Hokey.
    I see what you did there...

Someone in some article mentioned the difference in approach. Wojo is stressing fundamentals. Buzz stressed toughness. It worked. His teams won plenty of games from having something left in the tank when the other team didn't. I am sure Wojo is coming up with some appropriate team building exercise.

@juanonjuan10: Haha no sirrrrrrr! RT @JRwontLOSE: @juanonjuan10 no boot camp uh ?
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by unclejohn View Post
    Someone in some article mentioned the difference in approach. Wojo is stressing fundamentals. Buzz stressed toughness. It worked. His teams won plenty of games from having something left in the tank when the other team didn't. I am sure Wojo is coming up with some appropriate team building exercise.
    Sometimes it worked. Buzz had a 9-7 record in overtime games. I'd be curious to see the scoring margin over the last 4 minutes of the game under Buzz in games that were within 5 points going into those last 4 minutes. Were his teams really tougher in those instances? Clearly there were times it felt that way, but there were also times where it felt decisively not to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Sometimes it worked. Buzz had a 9-7 record in overtime games. I'd be curious to see the scoring margin over the last 4 minutes of the game under Buzz in games that were within 5 points going into those last 4 minutes. Were his teams really tougher in those instances? Clearly there were times it felt that way, but there were also times where it felt decisively not to be that way.
    There's no way you could directly contribute that to Buzz's Boot Camp. A well-conditioned team is built throughout the year, both during the season and off-season.

The boot camp was nothing more than a team building exercise and marketing tool for Buzz. There's nothing work with that, but I think its a bit silly to think that his one-week boot camp contributed to better performances down the stretch of games.

Yep. I am sure that this team will be a well conditioned as Buzz's despite the lack of a boot camp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast