Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arena Situation

The repeated line to me in recent weeks has been "We will be at the table."

http://www.biztimes.com/article/2014...NEWS/141039961

If true, the Journal Square will be the site for the new arena.

I'm guessing putting lower bowl seating underground, saves on space.
    March Madness starts in November

Lemke is on twitter and spitting fire.

The way it sounds, they may be able to build it down into the ground, which would lead to a significantly smaller footprint. I would hope that if that happens, the new Bucks arena and the Wisconsin Center District should get folded in together to maximize the usable convention space.

Sounds like Major Goolsby's will move into Turner Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lemke View Post
    The way it sounds, they may be able to build it down into the ground, which would lead to a significantly smaller footprint. I would hope that if that happens, the new Bucks arena and the Wisconsin Center District should get folded in together to maximize the usable convention space.

Sounds like Major Goolsby's will move into Turner Hall.
    So, everyone would be a winner!

Absolutely!

This is what I know: if the Bucks are planning to build east to the River and create a riverfront arena, where they don't touch the UWM Arena, it's going to be the "everybody wins" scenario. If they try to take over the Arena, they've got a real big fight on their hands. Fall of 2017 wouldn't happen.

Listen, I would guess the Bucks owner don't want to piss off the Wave and UWM. I'm not saying the basketball part of it, I'm saying the school as a whole. The Bucks want to be friends with everyone. That's makes them richer!!

We need to be all over this. Any move to encroach upon our space is going to result in a fight. While I'm not a fan of Gimbel and the Center District annoys me a lot, the two groups need to get in lockstep and block 4th street.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast