Thread: Arena Situation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm just saying that the university needs to make their voice heard if they are going to have any say about this. If nothing else, "shout long enough and eventually somebody is going to see what all the fuss is about."

I just don't want to see UWM just roll over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrunner0097 View Post
    I'm just saying that the university needs to make their voice heard if they are going to have any say about this. If nothing else, "shout long enough and eventually somebody is going to see what all the fuss is about."

I just don't want to see UWM just roll over again.

Well I can't blame you (or UWM) for that. Clearly they deserve a reasonable alternative should the Arena be sacrificed as part of this process. But it shouldn't be at the expense of Marquette, which is by every measure a bigger and more popular basketball program. I'm sure President Lovell would agree since he is interested in building partnerships between the two schools.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I'm sure President Lovell would agree since he is interested in building partnerships between the two schools.
    I would like to think that will mean he will help going to bat for us.

Still, I'm not going to make any conclusions until the owners make it clear what they want to do. They're sending out a bunch of mixed signals, with nothing certain on what's going on.