Thread: Marquette #64 per collegesportsmadness

Marquette #64 per collegesportsmadness

This is the site that breaks down the top 144 schools preseason. They rank MU #64 overall and #6 in the Big East, which I think is reasonable. Some of the analysis is off, but the bottom line maybe isn't too far off this time around.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/9736

Quote Originally Posted by MU Viking View Post
    This is the site that breaks down the top 144 schools preseason. They rank MU #64 overall and #6 in the Big East, which I think is reasonable. Some of the analysis is off, but the bottom line maybe isn't too far off this time around.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/9736
    Seriously doubt we will ever see that lineup on the floor, much less starting.

Exactly, the lineup is laughable as is some of the analysis. Still, I can see the outcome occurring. Basically, borderline tournament once Fisher returns.

Sub out Steve Taylor for Sandy Cohen and thats the starting lineup I could see till Fisher gets back.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

It amazes me that so many outlets project Cohen as a starter on this team. I think the kid could develop into a nice player, but it would really surprise me if he wasn't near the end of the bench this season. You'd think he was the only top-100 player on our roster when you look at projections from outside the program.

Defense will dictate how long Cohen is on the floor.

My guess is Cohen is #10 in the pecking order. Personally, though, I would not mind it at all if Derrick and Juan were #9/#10 in mpg. In fact, I would view that as a tremendous positive.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Sub out Steve Taylor for Sandy Cohen and thats the starting lineup I could see till Fisher gets back.
    My exact thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    My guess is Cohen is #10 in the pecking order. Personally, though, I would not mind it at all if Derrick and Juan were #9/#10 in mpg. In fact, I would view that as a tremendous positive.
    It's really gonna depend on Steve Taylor and Duane Wilson for that to happen... Juan will play a lot early just because we have no other options. But I don't think Du. Wilson will be as good as many are hyping him to be this year
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"