Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucky "misplaces" Uthoff's appeal

Bucky "misplaces" Uthoff's appeal

http://thegazette.com/2012/04/18/sou...t-make-appeal/

“She just placed it in his mailbox and he didn’t check his mailbox until I had a meeting with him today,” Uthoff said. “I told him the situation and he went and checked his mailbox and it was there.

“They said, ‘Well, this changes things. This puts the burden on us.’ I said, ‘I don’t know what you expected me to do’. They said it was fine.”

Wow - he gives it to the guy's secretary and she puts it in his mail box. He never checks his mail box until Uthoff meets with him.
    You'd think with all the attention this has gotten the secretary may have mentioned that Uthoff dropped something off for him.

Meeting with Alvarez on Thursday morning. Should be interesting.

According to Potrykus, new Big 10 rule "the Brust Rule?" is you can transfer to another Big 10 school if the school you are leaving allows the transfer, and you can be on scholarship. That is why Bo included the Big 10 in the list of original schools.
    Last edited by Goose85; 04-18-2012 at 04:36 PM.

So what's good for Bo is... good for Bo. Got it.

Vike - the Brust situation is totally different. It's like apples and submarines. On one hand, you have Brust. But over here is Uthoff. And, like, they aren't even in the same metaphorical zip code. See, if a guy wants to transfer, but there's a rule, you first have to look at the rule. And plus some other stuff. Pretty simple, really.

Actually, there is a difference as Brust was an incoming freshman and the coach he committed to was let go, while Uthoff is already in school. Other than that, it is pretty much the same.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

How crazy are the NCAA rules?

Uthoff could go to a junior college for a year and then transfer to any school in the country.

I'd be shocked if Wisconsin allows Uthoff to stay within the Big 10. Absolutely shocked!!!!!

After hearing Mike Lucas say this morning that the kid not submitting an appeal must mean the restrictive schools weren't a big deal to Jarrod and now finding out he did, just makes me sit up and take notice, not that they are going to approve his appeal.

If I'm Uthoff and I want to go to Iowa State, for instance, I just give em the bird and go to Kirkwood for the year. Who does Bo Ryan think he is??

Personally, I don't think a kid should be able to transfer in conference, and I also agree about blocking a rival. But it should end there.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast