Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT RIP James Foley

OT RIP James Foley

Photo journalist and MU grad....beheaded by ISIS......such evil is hard to comprehend....

Jim Swift ‏@bomble 23m
    More
    James Foley was 39/40, from New Hampshire and a graduate of Marquette. #RIP

Holy crap - Time Magazine just had an article in their latest issue on the reporters still being held throughout the world by @$$wipe groups like ISIS and he was the first pic they showed. Horrible news. ISIS and their ilk live in a parallel universe.

Hopefully they determine the video is not authentic, but I'm not hopeful. RIP and prayers for his family.

At the risk of venturing into the political realm,there is evil in this world, and much of it is associated with Muslim religious extremists. Would that our current Commander-in-Chief weren't so equivocal in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    At the risk of venturing into the political realm,there is evil in this world, and much of it is associated with Muslim religious extremists. Would that our current Commander-in-Chief weren't so equivocal in this regard.

Right. Cause the policy under the previous one worked so well. (I can be needlessly political too.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Right. Cause the policy under the previous one worked so well. (I can be needlessly political too.)
    At least the previous one did not allow for a new "State"... In any event, there is no winning with these extremists. Sad world we are stuck in. It's not politics, it's religion sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Never mind. Shouldn't have injected that. RIP James Foley.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    At least the previous one did not allow for a new "State"... In any event, there is no winning with these extremists. Sad world we are stuck in. It's not politics, it's religion sadly.
    it is both. In many parts of the world, politics and religion go hand in hand. These nut jobs are dangerous and threatening to destabilize the whole region. ISIS hates the West.

Even the Pope has said it might be time to take ISIS out, and that's a rare stance for him to take.

I shudder to think about how much worse it will get if the White House continues to drag its feet.

Terrible story. Prayers for you and your family James Foley.
    Last edited by Goose85; 08-20-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast