Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OT RIP James Foley

"I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Just donated. My new favorite scholarship fund.

Does anyone know if James was related to Judge Foley?

I received word from a very good friend at MU that Foley's family received a phone call expressing deep sympathy from Pope Francis. I wish people from all walks of life would learn from the examples our Pope has been setting.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Does anyone know if James was related to Judge Foley?
    They're from New Hampshire, so I'd be really surprised if he was.

There is a news report on it. Foleys were reportedly very moved as Pope Francis himself just lost three family members on the 19th. Car accident in Argentina--his nephew is in critical condition.
    Last edited by MUFLA; 08-22-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I received word from a very good friend at MU that Foley's family received a phone call expressing deep sympathy from Pope Francis. I wish people from all walks of life would learn from the examples our Pope has been setting.

Reported in the press. As usual, his holiness did not publicize it much. He is truly a pastor. Per your suggestion, no matter what reaction one might think should or should not be called for in such a tragedy, compassion is always in order and never wasted.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe

Multiple interviews with his parents today and multiple mentions by them of how influential his Marquette and Milwaukee time was in making him who he was. Link above is one of them.

Chris Matthews mentioned he was from Marquette in his end of show statement.

Looks like they may have identified his killer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sOHrtxCCI0
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast