Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT RIP James Foley

I want the United States to have influence in the world. But Unclejohn is right that too often we think that smacking someone in the mouth is the best way for that to happen. We haven't seemed to learn from that not often being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I want the United States to have influence in the world. But Unclejohn is right that too often we think that smacking someone in the mouth is the best way for that to happen. We haven't seemed to learn from that not often being the case.
    Don't do it enough these days.

http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/appalling_803471.html

Weekly Standard...

Like I'm going to take the opinion of any neocon publication seriously when it comes to foreign policy. And seriously...Bill Kristol? The same guy who predicted a two month war in Iraq?

LOL...yeah right.

There is no negotiating with terrorists. And, when they have legit passports to get into the US...ummmm

Weekly Standard...

Like I'm going to take the opinion of any neocon publication seriously when it comes to foreign policy. And seriously...Bill Kristol? The same guy who predicted a two month war in Iraq?

LOL...yeah right.
    Must be tough for the liberals nowadays. Can only blame Bush for so much. And MSNBC is a joke. Enjoy keeping your head in the sand.

sad that this thread has devolved into a political pee contest.

Three new Foley articles on NYTimes webpage. Well worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Must be tough for the liberals nowadays. Can only blame Bush for so much. And MSNBC is a joke. Enjoy keeping your head in the sand.
    I don't blame Bush for much and never watch MSNBC. Sorry to ruin your simplistic, stereotypical labeling.

OK Sultan. I am curious, if you were president, what would be your proposal for dealing with ISIS in Iraq? What should the United States' "influence" be in this situation, seeing you say the United States should have influence in the world. Assuming you are not for US airstrikes and special operations on the ground.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 08-20-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Could we lock the thread before we all start disliking each other over something other then Buzz's handling of Derrick Wilson?

I don't blame Bush for much and never watch MSNBC. Sorry to ruin your simplistic, stereotypical labeling.
    Same goes for your simplistic, stereotypical labeling re National Review. Ever think that a known 'neo con' might have a legitimate point?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast