Thread: Dickie V on Wojo as Marquette's new coach

Dickie V on Wojo as Marquette's new coach

Dickie V feels that MU faithful will love Wojo as new head coach.

http://espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/s...quette-program

Imagine that, Dickie V yelling to the rafters, shouting the praises of a former Dukie! A diaper dandy director, bay-bee!

Eh. Hizzoner would be more impressed if just once of these national loadmouths would claims someone was a lousy hire. Just go back and look at the media guides when Piano Man was hired - lots of quotes from the big names about how great he would be.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Drunk politicians....

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Eh. Hizzoner would be more impressed if just once of these national loadmouths would claims someone was a lousy hire. Just go back and look at the media guides when Piano Man was hired - lots of quotes from the big names about how great he would be.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    I recall Billy Packer being one of them. Not that I need any other reason to dislike him.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I recall Billy Packer being one of them. Not that I need any other reason to dislike him.
    You are correct. Packer lobbied for MU to hire the stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    You are correct. Packer lobbied for MU to hire the stiff.
    I've posted this before, but one of my brothers graduated from BC in '73 and the Piano Man was his R.A. for a year. Said he was a nice guy and a gunner IIRC.

Weird that back then a D1 guy on scholarship was an R.A. as well.