Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunt on how MU might lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I think the guard play will be pretty good (even without Mayo) and that we will be a good offensive team. However, I fear us getting killed on the defensive boards/inside the lane as Taylor does not alter shots and Burton was a terrible defensive rebounder last year for a guy with his size and athletic skills. I foresee us losing 80-75 type games against good teams before Fischer becomes eligible. A healthy Fischer will significantly shore up the interior, and allow Taylor and Burton to move down a position at times (and move Juan from a 4/5 to a 3/4). In his brief time at Indiana, Fischer had an excellent block rate and I think could become of the top defenders in the Big East (and he has strong offensive skills to boot).

You really have to take his stats at Indiana with a grain of salt. He racked up a lot of stats against the soft part of their schedule. He played four games against teams from top conferences (Washington, UConn, Syracuse, Notre Dame) In those games Indiana went 1-3. And here were his combined totals.

35 minutes
    2/5 FG; 1/1 FT; 5 points
    6 rebounds
    1 assist
    1 block

Not trying rag on the kid by any means, but he played like a freshman. I expect that he will have growing pains this year and is hardly the difference between a NCAA team and an NIT one.

And yeah, I also agree about the outsized expectations for Duane as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    You really have to take his stats at Indiana with a grain of salt. He racked up a lot of stats against the soft part of their schedule. He played four games against teams from top conferences (Washington, UConn, Syracuse, Notre Dame) In those games Indiana went 1-3. And here were his combined totals.

35 minutes
    2/5 FG; 1/1 FT; 5 points
    6 rebounds
    1 assist
    1 block

Not trying rag on the kid by any means, but he played like a freshman. I expect that he will have growing pains this year and is hardly the difference between a NCAA team and an NIT one.

And yeah, I also agree about the outsized expectations for Duane as well.
    100% agree, I firmly believe that both Duane and Luke will be very good for MU be the end of their stay... With that being said i think we all need to remember the struggles that freshman have, look at JJJ last year, he was a highly ranked freshman and all reports out of practice were that he was playing really well... Then games came and he stumbled. Let's give these kids time to adjust, the leap from High school to college is very large...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123