Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunt on how MU might lineup.

Not even close, IMO. I would be highly surprised if Duane Wilson is not starting, and I also think that Juan cannot start as he will be the top sub for both backcourt spots. I would guess that the starters will be Carlino, Duane Wilson, JJJ, Burton, and Taylor, with Juan, Dawson, Derrick, and Cohen coming off the bench in that order. All nine guys may until Fischer is eligible (and hopefully ready to go), and then I would guess that Cohen and Derrick Wilson's minutes will be significantly cut.

Edit: Yes, I think Wojo may keep Hunt more in the loop, but I still cannot see that starting line-up for one second.
    Last edited by warriorfan4life; 07-31-2014 at 03:51 PM.
    #BringShakaHome

Mike wakes up this morning, brushes the crumbs off of his shirt, and looks over at the calendar....

And to his horror realizes that it is the last day of the month! Knowing his contract calls for a number of substantive posts every month, and knowing his is still short, he decides to go full "Pull Something Out of My Ass" Mode.

He looks at last year's stats...at at the roster to see who is returning....and writes five names down. Makes a few observations. Make a few phone calls? Eh...why bother. His bosses are all either on vacation or are busy with the news out of Journal Communications yesterday. No one will know.

Get's it done just in time for his nap. He's good til the middle of August...at least.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Not even close, IMO. I would be highly surprised if Duane Wilson is not starting, and I also think that Juan cannot start as he will be the top sub for both backcourt spots. I would guess that the starters will be Carlino, Duane Wilson, JJJ, Burton, and Taylor, with Juan, Dawson, Derrick, and Cohen coming off the bench in that order. All nine guys may until Fischer is eligible (and hopefully ready to go), and then I would guess that Cohen and Derrick Wilson's minutes will be significantly cut.

Edit: Yes, I think Wojo may keep Hunt more in the loop, but I still cannot see that starting line-up for one second.

I'm not sure Wojo has a real good handle on what the starting line up will be. He's got three and a half months to figure it out!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I'm not sure Wojo has a real good handle on what the starting line up will be. He's got three and a half months to figure it out!
    I am pretty confident that four spots will be Carlino, Duane Wilson, Taylor, and Burton. The fifth spot is a bit of a wild card, but I cannot see Juan just because we need him to back up both Burton and Taylor. I figure that JJJ will win the battle for the spot at the 3, but it could even be a third guard in Dawson or Derrick Wilson or hell Cohen shows enough to throw him right into the fire.
    #BringShakaHome

I'm not sure Duane will start(Could be Dawson or Derrick) but I will be shocked if Juan starts for the reason wf4l mentioned. I can't believe Hunt actually gets paid to do what he does.......

Burton, Taylor and Carlino have to be locks.....

Who knows. Maybe he thinks Duane is best coming off the bench in a sixth man role? Maybe he values Derrick playing alongside Carlino?

Really the only two players I feel confident in saying they will start is Taylor and Carlino. The former because he is the only person on the team even remotely able to play the post, and the latter because he is the only back court scoring option with any experience.

Sultan ... That is absolute gold. Classic.

Sultan nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Who knows. Maybe he thinks Duane is best coming off the bench in a sixth man role? Maybe he values Derrick playing alongside Carlino?

Really the only two players I feel confident in saying they will start is Taylor and Carlino. The former because he is the only person on the team even remotely able to play the post, and the latter because he is the only back court scoring option with any experience.
    Aint it the truth.

I think it's a joke that Hunt has written off MU to even make the NIT with or without Mayo.
    Hunt said MU didn't even make the NIT last season. Well, it's harder to make with 13 low to mid-majors making it with auto-bids, it's not like he would even know that. That was last year and different coaching staff. I don't know how anyone can really say what MU will be with a new line up and a new coaching staff.

My goal is for MU to be a NCAA tourament team. It's hard for me to overlook five top 100 recruits on the roster.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 07-31-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    March Madness starts in November

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast