Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Philip Flory headed to Oshkosh

Quote Originally Posted by TallTitan34 View Post
    I drove from Rockford, IL to Harvard, IL then hopped on a train to downtown Chicago for 3.5 years. It's doable.

I remember you mentioning that. Did you move from Rockford or get a job closer to home?

Goose85 commuted from Milwaukee to Illinois for years. My wife still works in Sears Tower, but only goes down once per week, when we were first married she was going every day.

Happens a lot more than people realize.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Goose85 commuted from Milwaukee to Illinois for years. My wife still works in Sears Tower, but only goes down once per week, when we were first married she was going every day.

TMI.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

I hear she stopped doing the happy dance a long time ago.

only goes down once per week, when we were first married she was going every day.

I was traveling an hour and fifteen each way from Mil to northern Ill. Got used to it and it was an easy drive. Most people I worked with traveled less miles but long commute times. I listened to a lot of Chicago sports radio.

My 5 mile commute into and out of DC each day can take 45 minutes. Enjoy the lack of traffic in Milwaukee and Wisconsin.

Commute

I bought a new office building last year and doubled my commute from about 45 seconds to a minute and a half. Sometimes less if the light is green.

We live in Eugene, Oregon and my wife works at Boston University. The commute takes about 45 seconds. ;-) Her work is all online. She says the biggest problem is dealing with her husband. (some retired bum who likes to get up at 5 AM)

I lived in Tampa for several years. My commute from Easter to Thanksgiving was about 15-20 minutes. From Thanksgiving to Easter, about 90 minutes.

...and I often would see her when I too was working in the Willis Tower. Many times I would be on a crowded elevator with her and not knowing I was on the elevator with her she was unloading on her work colleagues about her good for nothing, lazy a$$ husband and how he cared more about MU's chances of landing some 16 year-old that he did about her. She seemed very upset. I typically chimed in agreeing with her 100% and added more reasons for her to be distraught about her husband.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast