Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An amazing Buzz stat

I don’t view Nick as a “Buzz leftover”. Obviously he fist committed under Buzz but he reopened and allowed himself to be recruited by other schools…Wojo had to close him all over again…and did.

Sandy never reopened and was a senior so I guess he could fall into that category.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I don’t view Nick as a “Buzz leftover”. Obviously he fist committed under Buzz but he reopened and allowed himself to be recruited by other schools…Wojo had to close him all over again…and did.

Sandy never reopened and was a senior so I guess he could fall into that category.
    For this purpose I would disagree. Great that Wojo was able to keep these guys in the fold. But they are in-state guys who have a greater tie-in to MU than would Hill, Pierce or Shayok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    But he was there until they finished their eligibility.
    The internet has its flaws in that it is too literal. Buzz is absolutely my favorite MU coach since Al. And that covers some fine individuals. That said, Buzz left those kids at the altar. Senior year was not good for them including the last weekend.
    Last edited by BLT; 07-23-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Begs the question: who do you prefer, Crean or Buzz? I have to go with Crean at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Begs the question: who do you prefer, Crean or Buzz? I have to go with Crean at this point.
    Tough question. Buzz was more successful overall, Crean's Final 4 notwithstanding. Crean's tenure was definitely more fan/student friendly. Hard pick, but Buzz was rather above the masses his last two years. Thogh TC was rather aloof as well. A tie in my book. We move on to Wojo.

Coach Crean all day long.

Though TC had some shortcomings, especially his departure, he has never trashed Marquette. Buzz trashed the conference , TV package and administration. I think Buzz has helped TC gain some of his lost respect, much like the Kevin O'Neil fan opinions changed over time. At the Cords HOF induction, KO was received with open arms. TC may be in that position in the future with a couple savvy pro-Marquette statements. Buzz has some work to do.

Had you told me a year ago that my answer would be Crean and it wasn't close I wouldn't have believed it. I have been okay with TC for awhile, felt the time to let it go was long since past, but I bought into Buzz's schtick maybe a bit too much. I was disappointed, but could accept him leaving. His actions since, not so much.

It will be interesting to see the reaction of the students during next year's Remember the Titans video. Will the boos for Crean still be as loud? Will boos for Buzz (if he's in the video) be even louder?

Time to move on. Both dissed us/MU/administration in their own ways. But, both brought a lot to MU. Enjoy what they brought and support Wojo for our future (whatever that might be). Nothing is forever. Suspect that many of us have moved on numerous times in our careers for whatever reasons. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Coach Crean all day long.
    Had a feeling that would be your choice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast