Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1977 Championship Game

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaJeb View Post
    That along with, "Progress, progress, perambulate over the turf!"
    That was right in line with "Repel them, repel them, make them relinquish the ball!"
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    That was right in line with "Repel them, repel them, make them relinquish the ball!"
    Must have been a Jesuit thing. We used that at Brophy Prep in Phoenix around the same time...

No, we used it at Whitefish Bay when I was in high school, and that was in the early 60s.

The most insulting "cheer" I ever heard was by students at a prestigious private school in the area. If their team was losing (football or basketball) some students would chant near the end of the game, "That's all right. That's o.k. You're going to work for us some day." Eventually the administration clamped down on the chant.

That was used at MUHS too. The most insulting one I ever heard was in hoops towards an opponents star player....
    Mark Moore - Mark Moore - What's your SAT score?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    No, we used it at Whitefish Bay when I was in high school, and that was in the early 60s.

The most insulting "cheer" I ever heard was by students at a prestigious private school in the area. If their team was losing (football or basketball) some students would chant near the end of the game, "That's all right. That's o.k. You're going to work for us some day." Eventually the administration clamped down on the chant.
    While I was there that cheer was usually employed after the opposing team had some used some type of homo high cheer (which happened at almost every game - people weren't so politically correct back then), so at MUHS it was generally used in retaliation.

Yes indeed - that one was thrown at us at every single game. H-O-M-O Homo High.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Yes indeed - that one was thrown at us at every single game. H-O-M-O Homo High.

My MU classmates from MUHS wore that nickname like a badge of pride. (So to speak...)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234