Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Bucks and Jason Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by QuetteHoops View Post
    Nobody should feel bad for Larry Drew in this situation. Stuff like this goes in everyday the business world. The NBA is no different, Larry Drew went behind the back of Mike Woodson in Atlanta to get hired there. They were friends for 22 years. Larry Drew just coached a team to a 15-67 record... Why would he ever expect to keep his job after that especially with a new ownership team. They were always going to get there guy. This is actually refreshing to me as a die hard season ticket holder... It shows to me that the owners aren't going to sit around playing for mediocrity and trying to make everyone happy. Milwaukee is now becoming a place where the NBA is relevant and that feels good.

This is a typical example where people are happy for doing something for the sake of doing something.

What the owners should do is hire a basketball guy. Like the Packers did when they hired Wolf...like the Brewers did when they hired Melvin...and just stay out of the way. I don't think anyone would blame them if they fired Hammond and Drew, but it was the way they did it, and who they hired that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    This is a typical example where people are happy for doing something for the sake of doing something.

What the owners should do is hire a basketball guy. Like the Packers did when they hired Wolf...like the Brewers did when they hired Melvin...and just stay out of the way. I don't think anyone would blame them if they fired Hammond and Drew, but it was the way they did it, and who they hired that's the problem.
    + 1

Players wanted to play for Kidd. Maybe, this opens the door for free agents.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Players wanted to play for Kidd. Maybe, this opens the door for free agents.

Which is what this article alludes to. Look, I just think it should have been done better...but this article doesn't paint Kidd is as bad a light as initially suggested.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/gr...lion-pricetag/

Everything always can be done better for fans in coaches moving on or being fired. Rhodes, Crean, Buzz, Bielema, Yost and now Drew. Heck, even Terri Mitchell.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 06-30-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuetteHoops View Post
    Nobody should feel bad for Larry Drew in this situation. Stuff like this goes in everyday the business world. The NBA is no different, Larry Drew went behind the back of Mike Woodson in Atlanta to get hired there. They were friends for 22 years. Larry Drew just coached a team to a 15-67 record... Why would he ever expect to keep his job after that especially with a new ownership team. They were always going to get there guy. This is actually refreshing to me as a die hard season ticket holder... It shows to me that the owners aren't going to sit around playing for mediocrity. They are going to go for it on their terms. Milwaukee is now becoming a place where the NBA is relevant and that feels good.

FWIW, Wolfley agrees with you.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...265253251.html

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I agree. They really just turned all the good will and positive momentum they and the Bucks had gained and flushed it.

If they win, it's not going to matter how they treated Larry Drew. The public will completely forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    If they win, it's not going to matter how they treated Larry Drew. The public will completely forget about it.
    Public will forget come Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Public will forget come Friday.
    Oh sure, but will Kidd behave? That's the crux of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Oh sure, but will Kidd behave? That's the crux of the matter.
    History says no, but we'll see.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast