Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bucks and Jason Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I don't understand why they just didn't fire Drew in the first place.
    That certainly would have been the proper way to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I agree, and really everyone would understand. New owner wants a clean start from a coaching standpoint.

What a weird thing to do, trade for a coach without firing the current coach. And Kidd too, you want to trade for a coach I could think of plenty others before Jason Kidd.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Without question.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I agree, and really everyone would understand. New owner wants a clean start from a coaching standpoint.

What a weird thing to do, trade for a coach without firing the current coach. And Kidd too, you want to trade for a coach I could think of plenty others before Jason Kidd.
    Yup.

@ChrisMannixSI: Bucks owners are taking a beating from other coaches, execs around the league. Nothing about this process sits right with many people.

This is why it looks bad, it's not good if everyone around you doesn't respect you...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    @ChrisMannixSI: Bucks owners are taking a beating from other coaches, execs around the league. Nothing about this process sits right with many people.

This is why it looks bad, it's not good if everyone around you doesn't respect you...
    The owners should take a beating for this. Not because they would want Jason Kidd as coach, but the way they handled the process. They are owners, this is not fantasy league GM.

I liked everything the owners said and did up until this move. Herb Kohl had been criticized through the years of meddling and getting too involved in basketball decisions. I was a critic of him as well. However, Marc Lasry and Wes Edens have already trumped anything Kohl ever did. The fact that GM John Hammond, assistant GM David Morway and Dave Babcock knew nothing about this and the owners pursued this secretly on their own....not good.

Jason Kidd had plenty of talent in Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, KG and Paul Pierce and was nearly fired last season. He was a great player but the jury is out on his coaching abilities.

2 draft picks for an unproven coach with a mottled personal history before firing the current coach. Ouch.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 06-30-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I liked everything the owners said and did up until this move. Herb Kohl had been criticized through the years of meddling and getting too involved in basketball decisions. I was a critic of him as well. However, Marc Lasry and Wes Edens have already trumped anything Kohl ever did.
    I agree. They really just turned all the good will and positive momentum they and the Bucks had gained and flushed it.

I'm not so sure on that.
    March Madness starts in November

Let's wait to see how the Jason Kidd presser goes over before this is judged. He may pull a Jabari Parker.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast