Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bucks and Jason Kidd

The Bucks and Jason Kidd

Has anyone else been following this situation? This reflects so poorly on both the Bucks new owners and Jason Kidd... I had high hopes that the new owners would bring the Bucks back to some sort of respectability and that we would no longer be the joke of the NBA... however this situation pretty much flushes those hopes, this is so typical of something the last regime would have done...frustrating because I felt like drafting Parker and the marketing they did around that finally generated a little bit of buzz...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

I don't think it looks that bad on the Bucks. The owner wants his guy in.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Nah, it looks like a joke. Kidd is not worth a 1st round pick and has a lot of off-court baggage.

I never said he is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    He has every right to do that, but I think he will regret it.

It certainly doesn't reflect well on Kidd. He looks like an a$$ IMO. The Nets take a risk on him with zero HC experience not to mention having to deal with his DWI situation along with his sometimes checkered past and he then wants total control of the Nets in his second season. Admittedly, his coaching improved as the season went on, but IMO he doesn't need anymore on his plate other than coaching. And to give up a draft pick(s) is crazy. When did he become John Wooden?

Wasn't Drew a former assistant with him as well? Nice way to kick him to the curb.

Seems like he is running away from something instead of running towards something - sound familiar?

I wonder what Jabari Parker is thinking.

This absolutely looks bad on the Bucks... If they wanted their own guy then fine, but why wait till after the draft and after you have press conferences with Jabari and Drew together... On top of it, why do it behind everyone's back? If you want Drew gone then fire him, don't interview behind his back and completely undermine him. Also with the rumors that Kidd wants to be a GM too, how does that make Hammond look? If this deal doesn't work out you now have a lame duck coach and GM...

So I guess it is official - 2 second round picks. Again, the Bucks will regret this IMO.

@WojYahooNBA: Here's what the Milwaukee owners had communicated to coach Larry Drew about negotiating a deal for his job w/ Jason Kidd: Nothing.

Horrible move by the Bucks... Not to mention the embarrassment that comes with it... Not a good look for the new owners to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    If they wanted their own guy then fine, but why wait till after the draft and after you have press conferences with Jabari and Drew together.....
    That is the weird part of it at the Milwaukee Public Market.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast