Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Bucks Draft

This could be a real intersting few days for Milwaukee and Bucks fans - and an exciting time too.

The Bucks have the #2 pick. With Embiid's injury, the top two slots in this draft will get plenty of offers.

There are other intersting options too, now that guys like Melo are opting out of their deals.
    If the Bulls are targeting Melo, do they want both firsts / Boozer?
    Would the Bulls take two seconds for one of their firsts? Or even for two firsts and Boozer for a protected future #1 and some seconds?

Does someone trade a late first rounder for Illyasova (can't remember where I read that one)?

Would someone move a player and a first to free cap space for a couple second round picks and a player?

Do the Kings really want Knight? Would Knight and a second or two be worth a first rounder?

If Parker goes #1, does Philly really want to move up to #2 to get Wiggins? If so, how valuable is moving up one slot.

I hope the Bucks stay at #2 and take Parker or Wiggins, but I wouldn't doubt if there is some dealing to gain other first round picks.

The trading of value for cap space is what could really make this interesting for the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    There are other intersting options too, now that guys like Melo are opting out of their deals.
    If the Bulls are targeting Melo, do they want both firsts / Boozer?
    Would the Bulls take two seconds for one of their firsts? Or even for two firsts and Boozer for a protected future #1 and some seconds?

Actually the Bulls are talking about moving up.

And they don't need to trade Boozer to get rid of his cap hit...he can still be amnestied.

I forgot about that whole amnesty deal in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I forgot about that whole amnesty deal in the NBA.

Yeah, there are only two contracts left that fall under that...Boozer and Kendrick Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Yeah, there are only two contracts left that fall under that...Boozer and Kendrick Perkins.
    There are a few more that fall under the amnesty clause, but those are the two that would be likely candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    There are a few more that fall under the amnesty clause, but those are the two that would be likely candidates.

Yep. Obviously had wrong information...

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/amnesty_eligible

Something tells me they won't be using it on Kevin Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Yep. Obviously had wrong information...

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/amnesty_eligible

Something tells me they won't be using it on Kevin Durant.
    Or Tony Parker. Most on that list are safe. Boozer and Kendricks have been the most speculated, though I read somewhere that OKC said they would not amnesty Kendricks.

Here are some scouts (aka "Finch) pulse on the draft - interesting. Couple examples:

Aaron Craft, 6-2 point guard, Ohio State: "Great college career, wonderful human being, but OK, end of story. He's not an NBA player."

Doug McDermott, 6-8 forward, Creighton. "He's going to be better than people think. People talk about footspeed and who he's going to guard, but when a guy is as skilled offensively as this kid is, you'll find a spot for him. Will he be a liability defensively? Maybe, but he's going to punish you at the other end. I don't think he'll score in as many ways as he did in college. He'll be more of a spotup shooter, but he does that at an incredible level."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...iid/?eref=sihp

Caribou---pls put that info on Dodds board regarding McDermott so Murf can go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by bergamont View Post
    Caribou---pls put that info on Dodds board regarding McDermott so Murf can go nuts.
    Will do! He needs to pat himself on the back on a regular basis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123