Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OT World Cup Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    That Dutch goal was certainly something.
    Which one? I sure wasn't expecting a blowout!

VS

That was the soccer equivalent of San Antonio blowing out Miami.

Wow, when was the last time Spain was dominated like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Wow, when was the last time Spain was dominated like that?
    The Spanish Armada?
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    The Spanish Armada?
    That made me chuckle.

The analysts were dead on with this Chile team. They're fun to watch as they push forward and take a ton of chances. They also dont have any "traditional" full backs which helps them on the offensive end but not on defense (proving there's still value for the big uncoordinated center backs ). Austraila isnt very good, but supposedly Chile can beat anyone or lose to anyone.

If Arturo Vidal is healthy and can be his usual menace, I think Chile wins group B. I do not trust the Dutch 3 man back line, and well Spain is major trouble with their goal differential. Now, David Silva could go crazy against Chile, but that Spanish team flat out gave up after the third Dutch goal and could be overwhelmed by Chile's pressing style.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    If Arturo Vidal is healthy and can be his usual menace, I think Chile wins group B. I do not trust the Dutch 3 man back line, and well Spain is major trouble with their goal differential. Now, David Silva could go crazy against Chile, but that Spanish team flat out gave up after the third Dutch goal and could be overwhelmed by Chile's pressing style.
    While Chile can certainly play with anyone, I was really disappointed with their back line. I think Spain will beat them bc of this weakness.

Late with my prediction but here we go:

Teams from Europe have a hard time winning it all when a European nation is not hosting the tournament (if I remember correctly, never has happened). Tempted to take Germany over Brazil in the semifinals....but will stick with the home side Brazil. Argentina over Uruguay in the other semis. Brazil over Argentina in the Finals. USA advances out of round play finishing 2nd in the group behind Germany. USA loses to Argentina in the Quarterfinals, making it the farthest the USA has advanced since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Late with my prediction but here we go:

Teams from Europe have a hard time winning it all when a European nation is not hosting the tournament (if I remember correctly, never has happened).

Only once...Spain in South Africa.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast