Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bold Predictions for Next Season

Yeah, I didn't forget Juan, I just didn't mention him. I think he gets good minutes, but I am not sure what his role will be. Mostly because I am not sure what he is going to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Yeah, I didn't forget Juan, I just didn't mention him. I think he gets good minutes, but I am not sure what his role will be. Mostly because I am not sure what he is going to bring.
    I'm also not sure as to how Juan factors in as well as Derrick Wilson. Depends on how Wojo sees them fitting in and whether they can fit those roles. Given the limited skills they have shown to date on offense, not sure of their fit in the kind of upbeat offense Wojo has indicated he would like to play (particularly Derrick ). Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Far different than Buzz's first year as HC when he inherited DJ, Wes, Jerel and Lazar while having been an MU assistant the year before. This time, we have a roster of seniors and young guys with no coaching contnuity.

Mayo

I'm not sure how bold this one is, but I think Mayo will be the leading scorer on the team and a first- or second-team all-conference selection. With a more balanced emphasis between offense and defense, Mayo's offensive skillset should get him on the court for much of the game. He started to show his quiet leadership last year, even when playing time was sporadic. This year, he likely won't have to worry about riding the pine after bringing his team into OT. His past off-the-court mistakes won't keep him off the court in key games. I think a coaching change will improve Mayo's focus, particularly in his last year to prove that he has a pro skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by 21rooster View Post
    I'm not sure how bold this one is, but I think Mayo will be the leading scorer on the team and a first- or second-team all-conference selection. With a more balanced emphasis between offense and defense, Mayo's offensive skillset should get him on the court for much of the game. He started to show his quiet leadership last year, even when playing time was sporadic. This year, he likely won't have to worry about riding the pine after bringing his team into OT. His past off-the-court mistakes won't keep him off the court in key games. I think a coaching change will improve Mayo's focus, particularly in his last year to prove that he has a pro skillset.
    I think Todd will perform better defensively, as well, in Wojos's scheme. He was a misfit for Buzz's protect the paint help defense which left him out of position too often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12