Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Marquette Logo Question

Old Marquette Logo Question

During the early to mid 1980s, I remember watching a few games on national television which showed a logo for Marquette that I haven't seen since.

Simply put it was a (white?) arrow, on top of a larger (gold?) arrow, on top of a (blue?) arrow, etc. etc. etc. But I can't find this anywhere online.

Does anyone else remember this? Or am I missing something entirely.

How many beers deep were you?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    How many beers deep were you?

Well I was in middle school... I could have sworn it was the logo used next to "Marquette Warriors" when they would flash the game on the screen.

Sultan, I signed up to this board just to reply to your question. Thank you for validating that I am not insane (at least in regards to this particular topic). Or perhaps we're both insane.

Do you remember the logo looking something like this? This was during the Doc Rivers/Marc Marotta era when CBS had them on pretty frequently, along with Notre Dame and DePaul.

I so hope you get this reply so I can finally "meet" someone that remembers this!

marquette_arrow.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowLogoGuy View Post
    Sultan, I signed up to this board just to reply to your question. Thank you for validating that I am not insane (at least in regards to this particular topic). Or perhaps we're both insane.

Do you remember the logo looking something like this? This was during the Doc Rivers/Marc Marotta era when CBS had them on pretty frequently, along with Notre Dame and DePaul.

I so hope you get this reply so I can finally "meet" someone that remembers this!

marquette_arrow.jpg

YES! Except it also included arrows within that larger arrow.

And yes this was the logo that CBS used during the Doc era. (And NBC? Because they televised Doc's "half court shot" game in 1981.)

I can die a peaceful, satisfied death now. You're literally the only one I have found that remembers this. I remember drawing it often as a kid, because it was so unusual and sort of defied reason. I would still love to see the real thing one more time.

I honestly think it was only used for a year or two. And I'm not even sure it was an official Marquette logo but only used on TV. I have never seen it on apparel of any sort.

Did it have something to do with the First Warrior?

It was just a logo used next to "Marquette Warriors" at the beginning of the telecast, etc. I don't know why they didn't use the First Warrior logo. Maybe it wasn't "TV friendly" back in the day?

Maybe try going to YouTube and see if there is a Marquette game from that time period uploaded. Might be your best bet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast