Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Shoddy Journalism

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Well, Tubby, Johnson and Haith all left because they got a lifeline from another school about a year before they were going to get canned. Martin left because I think that relationship was beyond repair.

Currently there are four black coaches in the SEC: Anderson at Arkansas, Jones at LSU, Grant at Alabama, and Ray at Mississippi State. I'm pretty sure that matches the Pac 12 (Dawkins, Romar, Martin, Kent) for the most of any major basketball conference.
    They still left, which makes many SEC jobs, bad jobs. Nobody in the deep south cares about basketball that much anymore.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 05-27-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    March Madness starts in November

The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

In a case like this does the editor take him to the woodshed for so, so many misstatements? Just deplorable stuff.

I agree with ge1974 on the omission of the AL as well. When completed, it was arguably the best practice facility in the country. I'm sure some have passed the AL since then, but still an exceptional place and facilities for both games and practice are right up there in determining factors for taking a job or not.

Horrific article.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    Big East TV deal is lucrative for the 10 schools in the league. Fox Sports 1 is new to the game, but the money it gives to the schools is considerable. Marquette ranked No. 15 in attendance nationally in 2012-13. It plays at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, not the US Cellular Arena. MU hasn't played at the Cell for more than 20 years now. The top talent in Milwaukee in recent years includes guys like J.P. Tokoto (North Carolina), Kevon Looney (UCLA), Duane Wilson (Marquette), Luke Fischer (Indiana, transfer to Marquette), Deonte Burton (Marquette) and in 2015 ... Diamond Stone. On MU's 2003 Final Four team were other local stars, including Steve Novak (Brown Deer), Robert Jackson (Milwaukee Washington), Travis Diener (Fond du Lac). Scott Merritt (Wauwatosa East) and Terry Sanders (Milwaukee Vincent). MU has hired a new President with an impressive background and will hire a new A.D. in coming months. It also reached the Sweet 16 in three of the past four years. Hardly qualifies as a "bad" job.

Well said.

I sent an e-mail out to him.

I like the comment on Clemson, which I think shoudn't be on the list.
    Bob Wise · Works at Self Employed (Business)

Clemson is about to spend millions on a rebuild of Littlejohn Coliseum. Long extension for Coach B. Looks like a strong commitment to me. Tough Job? Yes. Bad Job? I think not

Apparently you can only comment if you are a member of Facebook, which I'm not. I am hoping that any MU fan who is on Facebook comments on the article and just blasts the s.o.b. to journalistic purgatory.

They also don't provide an e-mail address for this idiot. I would have to switch my e-mail to e-mail him directly.

Does anyone have his e-mail address? I want to send him an e-mail from my yahoo account.

What a frickin' tool this guy is.

You can reply via twitter. That's what Paint Touches did.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast