Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Awards Banquet....

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    No kidding. Hi-C for this guy. Ecto Cooler was where it was at.

Kneel, I don't know why you get so defensive when there's any criticism of the way Buzz does things. But it's a little tiresome. I don't have a problem with the awards as much as publicly handing out rings like they've done at the BBQ and Madness. It just seems small time. A Sweet 16 is a nice accomplishment, but come on. If Crean did that people would have been all over him.

I don't know why some people like to complain for the sake of complaining. Who cares if he gives out a million awards?

Did you bother reading the rest of my post, or just cherry picking?

Did you bother reading the rest of my post, or just cherry picking?
    Umm, no. You made fun of the number of awards, now you don't like handing out rings for making the sweet 16. Again, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Umm, no. You made fun of the number of awards, now you don't like handing out rings for making the sweet 16. Again, who cares.
    Right then. I'll be sure to check with you on what matters I can post my opinions on from here on out.

If Crean did that people would have been all over him.
    Crean did too.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Right then. I'll be sure to check with you on what matters I can post my opinions on from here on out.

Can I check with you on whether your opinions should be subject to criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Can I check with you on whether your opinions should be subject to criticism?
    You guys need to get a room or take this to MU Scoop.

I can see getting sweet 16 rings, but just getting to the tourney rings seems a bit much.

or a ring that can have more bling added each year they get to 16/8. more of a program building ring.

final four should warrant it's own ring

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    I can see getting sweet 16 rings, but just getting to the tourney rings seems a bit much.

or a ring that can have more bling added each year they get to 16/8. more of a program building ring.

I don't know the answer, but in football, players get rings for bowl games. I am guessing that the sports apparel company for each school gives out "gift's" such as rings for various accomplisments - winning the BE Conference; making the NCAA Tourney; Making the Sweet 16; making the Final 4; winning the NCAA Tournament ...

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post

I can see the Sweet 16 as being the cut off line. I mean, there are some 300+ division 1 schools, to be in the last 16 standing is something pretty special.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast