Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Awards Banquet....

Skol vodka and Tahitian treat from the McCormick vending machine. Wish I had some Capri suns. Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    IWB...Crazy things happen during the down time between Murphy's closing at 2 am and heading down to the BC to wait in line to get our wristbands for College Gameday vs. PITT. Sleep wasn't in the cards, that's for sure.

Myself, Cooby Snacks, and a few others went to my apartment only to find the only things in my fridge were a bottle of Grey Goose and some Capri Suns. Classy, I know, but part of me believes that mixture powered me through that day, until I finally went to sleep sometime on Sunday morning.

Cooby...I totally forgot we made those signs after the bar. Any chance you still have the Aaron Gray one?
    Nah, I think we just left them at the Bradley Center. I know the McSteal sign was in your apartment closet for a while, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooby Snacks View Post
    Nah, I think we just left them at the Bradley Center. I know the McSteal sign was in your apartment closet for a while, though.
    Good thing the majority of people there were either A) Busy yelling at the Emcee Digger Phelps or B) Obliterated...to really understand what the Aaron Gray sign even meant.

McSteal lasted until the day we moved out.

I am not a Grey Goose fan. My preference is Belvedere or Chopin on the rocks, straight up - no Capri Sun for me!

Vodka sucks! Isn't there any true Wisconsinites in here who like their beer and brandy manhattan's

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Vodka sucks! Isn't there any true Wisconsinites in here who like their beer and brandy manhattan's
    When on Spring Break during my time at MU, we were at a bar in Florida. I ordered a brandy and 7. The bartender asked where I lived in Wisconsin. I asked how he knew. He said only those from Wisconsin and New York drink brandy and I didn't have an accent. So, '72, you are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    When on Spring Break during my time at MU, we were at a bar in Florida. I ordered a brandy and 7. The bartender asked where I lived in Wisconsin. I asked how he knew. He said only those from Wisconsin and New York drink brandy and I didn't have an accent. So, '72, you are spot on.
    The only places you can get a good brandy man are in Wisconsin and Vegas. I was just down in Florida for a week, and was surprised that I could even buy sweet vermouth.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    PBMs all the way...!

Back to the original topic...was Larry Williams at the banquet and, if so, did he speak? Just wondering how he came across, considering the firestorm of a couple weeks earlier regarding him.

Quote Originally Posted by bob7200 View Post
    Back to the original topic...was Larry Williams at the banquet and, if so, did he speak? Just wondering how he came across, considering the firestorm of a couple weeks earlier regarding him.
    LW was there and opened the program with some very brief comments. He came across just fine.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast