Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doc Rivers

Doc Rivers

I think he has sealed his spot in NBA HOF after the events of the past three days. I also bet Shaka Smart wishes he showed Doc a little more respect. Doc has been the voice of calm, voice of reason while also discussing some of the hateful encounters he had to endure. Proud he is one of us.

Doc has been great. Can't say that for the others who act like they are so hurt.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Doc has been great. Can't say that for the others who act like they are so hurt.
    ????????????

Yes

Yes
    Care to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    I think he has sealed his spot in NBA HOF after the events of the past three days. I also bet Shaka Smart wishes he showed Doc a little more respect. Doc has been the voice of calm, voice of reason while also discussing some of the hateful encounters he had to endure. Proud he is one of us.
    Charles, Kenny and Shaq said Doc is the type of leader you would want as your coach in a situation like this. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Care to explain?
    Many act like they are hurt. Many like acting mad for the sake of being mad. I would like to be a tape recording when others have said things about gays, whites, females or another race of many who play in the NBA. Will there be the same outrage in that case is the question?

Charles Barkley has said it the best. Doc Rivers has been quit, he was not in favor of the warm-up inside out idea. Adam Silver did the correct thing. I hope the same outrage and standards are held in other cases.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 04-30-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Many act like they are hurt. Many like acting mad for the sake of being mad. I would like to be a tape recording when others have said things about gays, whites, females or another race of many who play in the NBA. Will there be the same outrage in that case is the question?

Charles Barkley has said it the best. Doc Rivers has been quit, he was not in favor of the warm-up inside out idea. Adam Silver did the correct thing. I hope the same outrage and standards are held in other cases.
    If the content of what they said was anywhere in the vicinity of what Sterling said, yes, there would be the same outrage and there should be.

What I can't get over is that the NAACP was about to give Sterling a "Lifetime Achievement" award. How ironic! Obviously, these awards are simply for show

VS

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    If the content of what they said was anywhere in the vicinity of what Sterling said, yes, there would be the same outrage and there should be.
    Sterlings comments were not public. They were taped and brought out without him knowing. There is a problem in that.

We didn't get this when Tim Hardway went off about the gays. So, no it's not the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast