View Poll Results: Should Panthers play in potential new Bucks arena?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes, lots of choices on where to sit

0 0%
  • No, the Cell is as close to a perfect home as we can get

2 40.00%
  • Maybe, will the Bradley Burger come with the arena?

0 0%
  • Jimmy, crack cocaine is bad for your health

3 60.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should new arena host Panthers games?

I would love for the Milwaukee athletic department to reach out to the Admirals (and the Wave, if they're still around) about pooling their resources and connections to get a 6,000-seat arena built that could be used by both teams and for concerts. I think most younger Milwaukeeans see the eastside as the city's true downtown. It should have its own arena.

The Cell is our home, embrace it. Especially since we are the main tenant going forward. 3,000 for a game vs. Youngstown State would look atrocious in an NBA arena.

However, I vehemently disagree with Fran that a new arena will be a "white elephant." What made the Bradley Center a white elephant is that the Petits donated the money to build the arena, but the powers that be at that time never set up any provision for the long term maintenance of the building. It should at least have access to the tax revenue that the WCD taps into. For the same reason, it will be interesting to see how quickly Miller Park goes downhill after the stadium tax "sunsets." I can easily envision a day where the roof is either permanently closed or open, because no one wants to pay to maintain it anymore. But I digress...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12