Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kohl apparently has reached a deal to sell the Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Don't you have to service your many super model friends first before checking the sports page?
    That goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Interesting article on the economic impact of the NBA all star game in Orlando.

The study indicates the overall impact was more than $95 million.

If we build it will they come? While I am personally not a big fan of the NBA all star game, it is a big deal from which one event illustrates what an impact a new facility could have for Milwaukee.

Add that to the potential impact of larger conventions and I can see why it is expected some tax money should be forthcoming.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/2012-n...ore-95-million
    Even with a new arena, I think it will be a tough draw...Milwaukee in the middle of winter? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    Even with a new arena, I think it will be a tough draw...Milwaukee in the middle of winter? I doubt it.
    Downtown Orlando is a pretty thriving area anyway. Was there recently on a Tuesday night. Bars and restaurants very crowded.
    Not sure how accurate the 95 million number is, since it is pretty full to capacity in winter on a normal weekend.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 34s
    ESPN learns of clause in Bucks sale to let NBA buy team back in 2017 if no new arena in MIL (with @WindhorstESPN): http://es.pn/1rgp00J

Wow...that's an incentive for the new owners. Basically "keep the team in Milwaukee or lose your team".

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Wow...that's an incentive for the new owners. Basically "keep the team in Milwaukee or lose your team".
    an incentive for the team and the city..................I think these guys will get it done one way or another......They didn't go through all of this to give the team back in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post

It doesn't require a purchase. It lets the team be purchased by the NBA. The NBA could always decide not to exercise that option.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    It doesn't require a purchase. It lets the team be purchased by the NBA. The NBA could always decide not to exercise that option.
    No, but we know the NBA wants a team in Seattle badly. I have a feeling if the stadium isn't in the works they'll be lining up a new address for the Bucks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345