Thread: NCAA Approves Unlimited Meals

So, they will finally allow jelly or cream cheese with the bagels? Milk too? Even butter? Glad to see some of the most assinine rules go away.

More bureaucratic BS. Get real NCAA.

Davante is now petitioning to follow the Otule plan of six years.
    #BringShakaHome

Good news!
    March Madness starts in November

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 5h

Cream cheese, baby!! @JFowlerCBS: NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for players. Coaches and ADs are happy. http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...ll-being-rules
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

That's what will happen when the star of the NCAA basketball tournament (Shabazz Napier) tells the media that he went to bed hungry some nights thanks to NCAA rules.
    Last edited by LittleMurs; 04-16-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMurs View Post
    That's what will happen when the star of the NCAA basketball tournament (Shabazz Napier) tells the media that he went to bed hungry some nights thanks to NCAA rules.
    I'm thinking that Napier spent his meal money on something else and then got caught short. These players, if on campus, have unlimited meal plans. If off campus they get meal money, but there is no rule saying they have to spend it on food. So if a player decides to spend some of the meal money on things other than food (looking at college players today I'd think tats are one expense) then I could see how they could go hungry. Not sure if this rule changes that, but it will allow kids to take training table food home I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I'm thinking that Napier spent his meal money on something else and then got caught short. These players, if on campus, have unlimited meal plans. If off campus they get meal money, but there is no rule saying they have to spend it on food. So if a player decides to spend some of the meal money on things other than food (looking at college players today I'd think tats are one expense) then I could see how they could go hungry. Not sure if this rule changes that, but it will allow kids to take training table food home I believe.
    You are correct on all points. The kids get cash for their meals. Some use it on meals, others on travel/purchases at that city.

This change is the training table. It was an archaic rule they had and needed to be changed. It was absurd that they would allow bagels, but not cream cheese, jelly or butter, as an example.

Some of the NCAA's rules are beyond bizarre. This one should have been changed long ago.