Thread: Article: December Dreaming: Non-Con Opponents Worth a Look

Article: December Dreaming: Non-Con Opponents Worth a Look

I don't know if MU has to start a H/H on the road this year because there is no big name school to come in at the BC in 2015-16.

Actually, if you start out a big H/H series on the road, it would give the BC a big home game in 2015-16 with Wisconsin on the road that season.

Or Marquette can start a new H/H series in 2015-16 that must start a the BC. I really enjoyed when Mike Broeker was on Inside the Al. He said if we can find a school to play MU on a date that MU has booked with the BC, they have to take it. There is no wiggle room with dates when you also have the Bucks, Admirals, etc.

MU not having a big name 2015-16 home game is the main reason to start a home-and-home on the road. It seems more often than not, most MU series start on the road. Arizona State, LSU, Vandy, and NC State all started on the road. I think it's easier to get teams to agree to the road start because it immediately gives them a big name home draw. While just about any high-major team would fit the bill, I really think a long-term series with ND should be the goal.

Having either the Irish or Badgers at home every year would guarantee at least one high-interest non-conference game each season, as well as one challenging true road game each season. Long-term, it makes scheduling on the whole easier because the staff only has to fill 7 games and one tournament.

I think MU will be for it. I wonder if the problem is ND?