Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT- UWM Ban

Missouri Valley dodges a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Missouri Valley dodges a bullet.
    Could be why it picked Loyola.....

Go read Fran's response on page 3 of thread on the villa. We're cooking the books.

Just wondering, how does a team like Kentucky that doesn't graduate anyone, since they seem to have 3-5 one and done's in any given year, manage to remain eligible in this age of APR's?

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Just wondering, how does a team like Kentucky that doesn't graduate anyone, since they seem to have 3-5 one and done's in any given year, manage to remain eligible in this age of APR's?
    Its about keeping guys grades up so they would be eligible to play the next semester if they had stayed. Guess Calipari does a good job of keeping guys in line to the end of the academic year?

Same reason why coaches won't release kids as soon as they announce they want to transfer. They want to make sure the kid is on track grade wise through the semester end.

Another key is solid use of summer classes!!! Take a light load of the 'easier' classes during the year, take the 'tougher' classes during the summer when you can really focus on 1-2 classes per session!

I don't know the ins and outs of UWM's basketball academics (but apparently Fran knows MU's) but my guess would be the overload of walkons, transfers and Jucos hurts them. UWM's roster is frequently overloaded - right now they have 17 players on their roster. 6 are Jucos and 4 are transfers. MU made players like DJO, Dwight Buycks and Jae Crowder stay at Juco for the last summer trying to get up to the proper number of credits and had Jameel McKay pretty much doubling up on coursework his last year. At most schools, they take them right away as is, because most all of their credits transfer (PE etc). Credits are great, but do they apply to their major? If your major at UWM is Business or Communications, and at Juco you took a few core courses and a few PE classes, how close to being on track to your major are you? It is a tough deal.

I don't know all of the details about how the APR is calculated, but it is meant to keep SAs on track to graduate. While it is a good idea in theory, it can hurt transfers and also, doesn't it take away an SA's option of changing his major?
    Last edited by IWB; 04-10-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by bergamont View Post
    Go read Fran's response on page 3 of thread on the villa. We're cooking the books.
    I hate reading his crap on the Panthers board. That guy has so much hate versus MU. I'll leave it at that otherwise....
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by bergamont View Post
    I wonder if anyone at MU is aware of what he says. Doesn't his firm represent Marquette?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast