Thread: Cords strikes again?

Cords strikes again?

Letting Terri Mitchell go reminds me of the time Bill Cords thought MU could do better and let Mike Deane go after Deane won 100 games in five years.

Very interesting.

Cara Consuegra would be perfect.

I am really surprised, as Bill hired her and kept her through her entire tenure. He has always been very supportive of Terri. I wonder if she just decided to move on. I always like Terri, and I think she was a great coach. The women's game is a whole lot different from the men's game, and she had a tough job, as she spent a whole lot of time in a conference that had the two undefeated teams playing for the championship last night.

Really going to miss Terri the person. Will not miss Terri the coach. Really thought she underachieved given the circumstances of one of the best facilities and one of the best conferences to recruit to. Should have been a no-brainer to keep the best talent in the state from going to the other D1 schools in the state and it rarely happened. And I understand the elite kids going to elite schools, but I didn't understand them going to UW or UW-GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Cara Consuegra would be perfect.
    +1. But there might be a "more of the same" tag since she was here as an assistant for 7 years, including as Terri's recruiting coordinator. I think they go in another direction.

Gotta agree with Alpha (sounds strange to admit that) but Terri underachieved at Marquette. Early on, she could point to the Old Gym and MECCA as problems. Once the Al was built, she lost those excuses. Nice person, but it was well past time for Marquette to move on.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    Letting Terri Mitchell go reminds me of the time Bill Cords thought MU could do better and let Mike Deane go after Deane won 100 games in five years.

Very interesting.
    I had exactly the same thought. Coach Mitchell won but the pattern was clearly WNIT with an occasional NCAA appearance, much like Coach Deane. I think, with the facilities available at MU, some very interesting candidates emerge.

This has been long over do. Many players left couple of years ago and the team is not getting to the big dance.
    March Madness starts in November

I am not as close to the women's program anymore because I have been busy with my own stuff, but Terri Mitchell and Michelle Nason are both amazing people and have had a wonderful impact on my life. I will miss them being at Marquette. I always thought that Terri's job was safe if she made the tournament once every four years. This time, it did not happen. I am sad to see them go and I wish them the best.