Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Radio

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownAl View Post
    Out of habit, I read my hometown newspaper every day via the Internet and listen to some radio via internet streams, but I seldom see TV unless I'm up there visiting. Is Stephanie Sutton any good (per Warrior Nich, and her UW question, she sounds like an airhead)? Does she cover MU much or well?

Otherwise, it sounds like IWB said that some of the preferred questioners were never around at MU pressers before, yet had some clout to be allowed question...
    my guess us she doesn't cover or know much about MU and is a typical TV talking head
    No, she is not an airhead. Does do highlights well of MU. She did a 1 on 1 with Wojo on the newscast.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    No, she is not an airhead. Does do highlights well of MU. She did a 1 on 1 with Wojo on the newscast.
    She gets by on air but talk to people in the business about working with her behind the scenes. That's all I'll say.

Another interview Grant hill with talk about Wojo, thinks he will be a great coach. Reports Wojo turned down Dayton job 3-4 years ago. Grant Hill say he will buy a Marquette jersey.

http://tbd.radio.cbssports.com/2014/...a-great-coach/

Stephanie Sutton knows more about what it means to be an athlete than most people on this board. She is not an airhead.

Glad you guys like her. Would like to see the 1 on 1 interview with Coach W. I'll take it she is a pro, but her question at MU's Presser was a disrespectful, borrowed interest question taking away from the focus of the presser and pandering to Badger fans... kind of like if a reporter asked Bo Ryan in a FF interview about the hiring of a new coach at MU and that rivalry. But I understand what Crisco says about her understanding of athletes as well as where she's coming from on her presser per her station bio: "A graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, she credits her love for sports to her athletic background. In 1987, Stephanie and her sister were Wisconsin State High School Doubles Champions in tennis."

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/tv/news-team/Spo...#ixzz2xytdfQfZ

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Stephanie Sutton knows more about what it means to be an athlete than most people on this board. She is not an airhead.
    Unfortunately Stephanie Sutton doesn't know more about what it means to be a good sports reporter than most people on this board. And I agree, she is not an airhead. I was at the press conference and I gotta say there was a lot of people saying WTF when she asked that question about UW in the final four.

I watched the event and heard the question(s) from Sutton. It was really more about rivalries and Wojo handled it well. No big deal.

If she wanted to talk about rivalries, she could have asked about the BE, ND, made it open ended - who do you see are the rivalries? - she may not be an airhead, but her question was an airhead question and inappropriate IMHO. Friends that I have talked to who had watched were similar in reaction to AlphaBangura. It was the worst, most stupid question of the presser. I should know better about my home state and the bias, including media bias. Pax.
    Last edited by ChitownAl; 04-05-2014 at 10:15 AM.

If she wanted to talk about rivalries, she could have asked about the BE, ND, made it open ended - who do you see are the rivalries? - she may not be an airhead, but her question was an airhead question and inappropriate IMHO. Friends that I have talked too who watched were similar in reaction to AlphaBangura. It was theworst, stupidest question of the presser. I should know better about my home state and the bias, including media bias.
    Maybe a "stupid" question, but much ado about nothing. Time to move on from this one.

If she wanted to talk about rivalries, she could have asked about the BE, ND, made it open ended - who do you see are the rivalries? - she may not be an airhead, but her question was an airhead question and inappropriate IMHO. Friends that I have talked to who had watched were similar in reaction to AlphaBangura. It was the worst, most stupid question of the presser. I should know better about my home state and the bias, including media bias. Pax.
    This. Thank you Al.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast