Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fs1

Fs1

I bring this up because the growth of FS1 which will help Marquette and the Big East.

This Saturday is the start of Fox Sports 1 Saturday Baseball.
    Minnesota at Cleveland 12pm
    Thom Brennaman & Eric Karros

SF at LA 3pm
    Joe Buck, Harold Reynolds & Tom Verucci

Fox Sports executive producer John Entz said in an interview with Awful Announcing that “the plan right now” if for Fox Sports 1 to televise an entire LCS this season. Under the current MLB television deal, which has just gone into effect, Fox Sports has the rights to one of the two LCS each season and the option to place games on FS1.
    March Madness starts in November

Its good that FS1 is going to air an entire LCS. But my guess is that Saturday baseball will get worse ratings than BE basketball did. Baseball is such a regional product.

The Big East highest rated game was 0.5 rating. That was the BE title game of Creighton and Providence.

Baseball will get 0.7 to 1.8. Higher for Yankees and Red Sox. Keep in mind, big Fox will only have 12 regular season games, All-Star Game and World Series. 40 plus games will be on FS1 as this is the first year of the new tv contract for MLB with ESPN, TBS and Fox.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 04-03-2014 at 07:14 PM.

I will believe it when I see it that they would put the LCS on Fox Sports 1 and not on Fox.

I think part of FS1's problem is not being on the basic/standard cable tier. Granted, the cable providers have something to do with that. If FOX Sports can get more popular programming, FS2 in HD and get FS1/FS2 on basic/standard cable (no digital box), then more people will have access to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I think part of FS1's problem is not being on the basic/standard cable tier. Granted, the cable providers have something to do with that. If FOX Sports can get more popular programming, FS2 in HD and get FS1/FS2 on basic/standard cable (no digital box), then more people will have access to watch.
    Basic/standard cable is analog which is almost extinct. Not an issue very very shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    The Big East highest rated game was 0.5 rating. That was the BE title game of Creighton and Providence.

Baseball will get 0.7 to 1.8. Higher for Yankees and Red Sox. Keep in mind, big Fox will only have 12 regular season games, All-Star Game and World Series. 40 plus games will be on FS1 as this is the first year of the new tv contract for MLB with ESPN, TBS and Fox.

You might be right. But they got an average of 1.7 two years ago when they last had day baseball on Fox. TBS Sunday baseball gets less than 500k viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Basic/standard cable is analog which is almost extinct. Not an issue very very shortly.
    Interesting. That's good news. What about hotels, etc, that have ESPN but no FS1?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    You might be right. But they got an average of 1.7 two years ago when they last had day baseball on Fox. TBS Sunday baseball gets less than 500k viewers.
    TBS baseball also has the local markets show their teams games. Example, Yankees at Brewers would be on YES Network and FS Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/fox-...medium=twitter

First week...0.3 and 0.4. (The second game ran opposite the Final Four.)

But let's see where this goes as the season goes on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast