Thread: Wojo on Homer at 3:45

Wojo on Homer at 3:45

Interesting that he's not going to the final four. Says he doesn't have enough time to do so.

He also mentioned, like he did in the presser, that his top priority is building relationships with kids already at marq. Obviously reaching out to recruits is a priority for him, I just find it interesting that he doesn't emphasize this nearly as much as he does with respect to current players. Have to say I agree with taking that approach.

Coming up on Gottlieb's show on CBS Sports Radio at 4:00 too.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Interesting that he's not going to the final four. Says he doesn't have enough time to do so.

He also mentioned, like he did in the presser, that his top priority is building relationships with kids already at marq. Obviously reaching out to recruits is a priority for him, I just find it interesting that he doesn't emphasize this nearly as much as he does with respect to current players. Have to say I agree with taking that approach.
    Maybe his thinking is selling the current team will in turn sell recruits as well.

Maybe he's done selling and next item in his task list is future Warriors.

By no means an expert on Milwaukee sports radio but I've been listening, from afar, this week thanks to the wonders of the internet. All I can say is Homer should be embarrassed by that interview. The guy is the play-by-play announcer of Marquette basketball and he didn't ask a single substantive question. How about, "have you spoken to any of the incoming class?" or "When do you expect to have a staff in place?" Instead he probed with such insightful questions as, "What is the thing that irritates Coach K the most?"

Really weak; I expected more

Quote Originally Posted by MulliganMusings View Post
    By no means an expert on Milwaukee sports radio but I've been listening, from afar, this week thanks to the wonders of the internet. All I can say is Homer should be embarrassed by that interview. The guy is the play-by-play announcer of Marquette basketball and he didn't ask a single substantive question. How about, "have you spoken to any of the incoming class?" or "When do you expect to have a staff in place?" Instead he probed with such insightful questions as, "What is the thing that irritates Coach K the most?"

Really weak; I expected more
    You shouldn't have. His radio show has been pretty bad since moving to ESPN Milwaukee.

Jim Rome Show? It's on CBS Sports Channel @ 5:00 PM CST. Is the show totally separate from his Radio gig?

In any event, Buzz was with him last week - would be nice to have Wojo on this week.

Didn't hear it, but of course I was told he was too busy for us to have on. Guess we just aren't big time enough.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Just saw this on Twitter, guessing from Gottleib.

Wojo, when asked about Marquette pursuing Shaka Smart: "I probably wasn't my wife's first choice either."

I love this guy