Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - Wisconsin v. Kentucky

If Cauley-Stein plays and is near 100%, he could make life difficult for Kaminsky. Not only is he 7'0" and very long, but he is also quick. Kaminsky likes to take slower players outside and either shoot if they don't guard him closely or drive around them if they do. Stein is quick enough and athletic enough to defend Kaminsky on the perimeter, and he is tall enough and long enough to defend him on the low block.

Kaminsky has developed into a terrific player, but I have been real impressed by Cauley-Stein's defense the few times I watched him this year. If Kentucky does not have to give help on Kaminsky, they can concentrate on not giving Brust, Dekker, and Jackson open looks behind the arc.

I also think the size and strength of Kentucky's guards, the Harrisons and Young, will give UW's guards some problems when they attack the basket.

Finally, I think Dekker will be eaten alive if he tries to guard Randall. Hayes might have a better chance of preventing Randall from dominating the offensive glass.

All that being said, I think UW keeps the game extremely close, and down the stretch the Badgers pull it out. The just don't beat themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Height, can shoot from the outside, has an inside game. I think he has a decent shot. Better than some that have stuck in the past.
    Love his game - like you said, inside and outside, McHale footwork, doesn't force things, doesn't get rattled and seems like a great kid. I definitely see him sticking and contributing in the NBA - Charles Barkley certainly likes him as Charles is about the biggest McHale fan there is. Kentucky may throw a bunch of bodies at him making Saturday a challenge. I think he is the x factor in the game - if he is pretty productive they have more than a chance.

I picked UF and UW in the final with UF winning. Hard to root for either UK or UW though.

I think Marcus Lee may the X factor for Kentucky (assuming no Cauley-Stein). Lee has the length and athleticism to give Kaminsky fits, but can he stay with Kaminsky's bag of tricks.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I think Marcus Lee may the X factor for Kentucky (assuming no Cauley-Stein). Lee has the length and athleticism to give Kaminsky fits, but can he stay with Kaminsky's bag of tricks.
    Didn't they say Cauley-Stein had a stress fracture or that was just a possibility? I figured if it was a stress fracture he'd be a no go.

A report today said he's out for the tourney.

Its not hard to root for the cayuts if they are playing Wisconsin.

Yeah, they said stress fracture was likely yesterday and I did not expect him back after that report. Re-affirms my thought of Lee as the X factor, as Dakari Johnson cannot guard Kaminsky outside and Julius Randle is not much of a defender himself. I think Alex Poythress could also potentially give Kaminsky issues, and has the length to potentially make up for Frank the Tank's height advantage inside.
    #BringShakaHome

I can see Wisconsin frustrating Kentucky into some bad shots. If UK is patient, and uses their size advantage, I think they win. If they settle for jumpers, they're in trouble.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123