Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Wisconsin v. Kentucky

OT - Wisconsin v. Kentucky

I know Wisconsin is a trendy pick and a hard match up for teams that don't see them very often, but I think Kentucky's size is going to cause them a lot of trouble. It seems like this year's Badger team handles quickness better than previous year's, but I am not sure if the length is going to be an issue for them.

And as for a rooting interest, I have to say that my brother the UW alum is very happy. And he has no room in his life for "message board idiots," so it is hard for me to root against UW. I watched Wade destroy Kentucky to get to the Final Four with him, and he was genuinely happy for me. I guess I need to return the favor. Bittersweet.

Would I rather listen to badger fans gloat or espn analysts continue to tell me how great that crook calipari is??? Reluctantly, go rhodents.

I disagree. I think this badger team struggles defending quickness. Look at the problems that Indiana gave Bucky both games because of their quickness on the perimeter and ability to penetrate. Baylor had a ton of length but Bucky handled them easily. While Oregon had quickness on the perimeter and was able to exploit that before blowing it in the 2nd half. I actually think Wisconsin matches up with Kentucky very well. Florida ( at full strength now) and uconn on the other hand will give Bucky fits if they play.

All SEC final. NC to FLA.

VS

The way UK is playing right now, they will be tough for anyone. It took awhile, but this is the team the pundits expected in November. The key will be Frank. At this level, he's a matchup nightmare for anyone.

As far as rooting interest...let's just say if the Badgers were playing the aliens from Space Jam with the fate of the world hanging in the balance, I'd cheer for the aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    The way UK is playing right now, they will be tough for anyone. It took awhile, but this is the team the pundits expected in November. The key will be Frank. At this level, he's a matchup nightmare for anyone.

As far as rooting interest...let's just say if the Badgers were playing the aliens from Space Jam with the fate of the world hanging in the balance, I'd cheer for the aliens.
    Yup. Can't fathom having to watch Wisconsin win a national championship.

Yes, Kentucky's size and length will be hard for Bucky to match up with. Thing with KY, though, is that they seem to have very slow starts in the tourney games and then adjust and wear opponents down. Against Bucky's shooters, that could be fatal early. Those frosh will have to play D from the start. Just glad those MI schools lost yesterday. 3 teams from the Big 10/11/12/14 would be unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    All SEC final. NC to FLA.

VS
    I have a feeling this week no one will be talking about UConn as a viable contender. Sort of been a trend this tourney. Everyone in the media was looking forward to a St. Joe's/'Nova Philly showdown, but the Huskies spoiled the party, and did the same for 'Nova's second weekend dreams. Even without Niang, most figured ISU would still advance, again UConn poo-pooed on that. Michigan State was all but Sharpied into most people's Final Four, again UConn came through.

Against Florida, UConn will be big underdogs, never mind that they are one of two teams this season to beat the Gators. Granted, it was at home and Kasey Hill wasn't yet available, but it wasn't like Wisconsin who beat Florida without half the Gator rotation on the floor. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them get Shabazzed. The Huskies could honestly cut down the nets next Monday. Guard play goes far this time of year, and they have the best backcourt in the nation.

I wonder if Luke Fischer could turn into a similar player to Kaminsky in a year or 2? We can hope…….

Randle could go for 30 or be in foul trouble the whole game. I have to imagine Frank guards their big guy. Randle is so strong and would overmatch Dekker and Hayes. However, I could see a few flops and 2 quick fouls on Randle. It will be an interesting game.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast