Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Tiby, Killing Faux-Rodents on Twitter

The Cell would be a great place to watch a game. Unfortunately you have to watch UWM however.

I always enjoyed the MECCA. When the lights went down, focus on the court. Wonderful place.

It's clear the BC wasn't designed with basketball in mind. Great extras like the scoreboard and sheer size of venue, but I would love it if Kohl built a basketball-first stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    It's clear the BC wasn't designed with basketball in mind. Great extras like the scoreboard and sheer size of venue, but I would love it if Kohl built a basketball-first stadium.
    He did - It's called the Kohl Hole

Sad, sad commentary about UW-Milwaukee. Feel bad for the players. Also surprised the UW-M PR staff hasn't clamped down. The idea of UW-Milwaukee going to Div2 or 3 would probably be fiscally responsible. No alum / student support beyond 3,000... despite the fact that many, many Milwaukee people have taken courses at UW-Milwaukee whether graduating or not, almost like a community college. I recognize that academically it does well by students. But if the student, alums and city of Milwaukee doesn't care about supporting teams, why keep spending tax $s against it?

It's just sad that a school of what, 25-30k (?) can't get support at games. I think coaching is an issue. Not that Jeter is horrible, but part of what made Pearl so successful is that he's a showman. If the program doesn't sell itself, you need the type of coach that will sell it for you.

I guess your comment would then kill 200 plus D1 schools. Averaging around 3,000 puts you around 140 out of 340 in D1.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 03-30-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Not all D1 schools have UWM's size or market, though. I'm not knocking Milwaukee, but they have drawn a bit in the past. Just seems like there are serious issues with the direction at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Not all D1 schools have UWM's size or market, though. I'm not knocking Milwaukee, but they have drawn a bit in the past. Just seems like there are serious issues with the direction at the top.
    Without a question. Just don't have the funds or fans that have deep pockets to grow.

BBFran can't be happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast