Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Tiby, Killing Faux-Rodents on Twitter

Matt Tiby, Killing Faux-Rodents on Twitter

Matt Tiby is a forward for the UWM Panthers. Today, he took to Twitter to address the fairweather fans he is seeing on campus that are apparently huge Badger fans yet can't support the school they attend:

Quote Originally Posted by @Tiby_TheDream34
    UWM students tweeting "Wish i was in madison"... Alright lets not have school spirit for your own team, glad you guys come to our games. Not
    You shouldve just went to Madison if all you guys are going to cheer them on this year like most of you guys have been doing all year...
    It could be because im a huge fan of Iowa athletics that i dislike most badger fans but if you go to uwm cheer uwm on. Not an instate rival
    Wisconsin has had some success and keeps advancing; now EVERYONE loves wisconsin? Is this how sports really is? Bouncing from team to team?!
    Students that go to UWM prob went to watch UW games in milwaukee. We play here all year and couldnt get a decent crowd. Thats super funny😂😂😂
    Wisconsin is a great basketball school lets be very honest. Very disciplined and well coached. But they havent made this far in the tourney (1/2) For atleast a few years now. Everybody is loving wisconsin now... They are a great respected program and now everyones on there bandwagon (2/2)
    WISCONSIN's been good, dont now all of a sudden be a fan of them. Come on now. They've played great all year
    Not taking away from UW but theyve earned better fans then ppl say they are. Just be loyal to your team. Im just competitive so i Rant
    But isnt it most athletes wish to have the best fans and best student section? Im just saying I want more of that case closed
    be true to who they are loyal to. You dont see a nets fan rooting for the knicks or a cubs fan cheering for the brewers

I love Matt Tiby! He also played in the Pro-Am last year.

He was a force in the Pro-Am lat year

I think the problem is that most UWM fans don't view UW as an "in-state rival."

Most UWM students don't follow their own school. My daughter is a freshman at UWM and has never been to a game. It's too bad, but it is the way it is.

I had two nephews who graduated from there. When the younger one got there, I heard the typical "Marquette used to play us all the time, until we got good" line. But then I watched a Marquette game at their house and Jimmy Butler came on the screen, and one said to the other, "Hey, that's Jimmy! What a nice guy." They had met him at a party. It took until late in the evening before they figured out he played for Marquette.

I do not think either of them actually ever attended a game. It is just not a big deal at UWM.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Most UWM students don't follow their own school. My daughter is a freshman at UWM and has never been to a game. It's too bad, but it is the way it is.
    Tell her to go. It's free and free bus to the Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Tell her to go. It's free and free bus to the Cell.
    Wow, an expense paid trip to the Cell...

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Wow, an expense paid trip to the Cell...
    Plus its a round trip!!!

My wife and I like the Cell better than the Bradley Center. I look forward to the upgrades at the Cell. New scoreboard and new seats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast