Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strotman lectures us all on journalism

Good thing Strotty confirmed the Goodman report.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    If he had one ounce of the info I had, he would have ran with it. So would have Goodman, Parrish, Hunt etc.
    Reading between the lines, you are indirectly saying that some of your sources were Smart's camp.

Strottman claims he never wouldve run the story unless he had confirmation from Marq or Smart's camp and you claimed your sources were non-Marq. Therefore by process of elimination some of your sources were Smart's camp as you say he wouldve run with it had he had one ounce of your info. Correct?

Just doing my detective work.

Never reveal your sources unless they give you a release to do it. If you break that rule you will have fewer sources.

A few things....

1) Sources were in Smart's camp? No, my sources were not in Smart's camp. I was saying that none of my sources were employees of Marquette University.

2) I would give up this site and completely back out of what I do before giving up any of my sources.

Edited: Removed my comment about Strotman's article. Heard from him and admit I misunderstood his comment.
    Last edited by IWB; 03-28-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Jim, Tulsa, of course I know you're not going to give up your sources. I was merely attempting to connect dots.

Strotman exercises restraint and practices responsible journalism. Refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by KalkBird View Post
    Strotman exercises restraint and practices responsible journalism. Refreshing.
    Given that you are a huge douche, you are an expert on refreshing.
    #BringShakaHome

I'm glad Strotman wasn't covering Watergate. He would have been waiting a long time for sources inside the White House to confirm that one.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    I'm glad Strotman wasn't covering Watergate. He would have been waiting a long time for sources inside the White House to confirm that one.
    Strotman is the definition of the armchair quarterback (and an ego that could fill many chairs). In the many years of Paint Touches, the only "scoop" I remember him having is that we were leading for JJJ heading into his 2012 Madness visit (and Jim also had the info, with the reasons why we were in good shape with him). If he was so damn concerned about being the top Marquette journalist, he should be working much harder to develop a 1/10th of that contacts that IWB has. Instead, he is happy trying to badmouth people as he preaches his way to the top.
    #BringShakaHome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast