Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posted on premium. Thought it should be here

Posted on premium. Thought it should be here

Please do not listen to the national goofs. IWB has a better handle on this than the national guys. A few reasons (which also explain IWB's silence):

1. Many, many coaches are trying to get involved. They do that by floating their names. Has MU talked to (fill in the blank): yes, they have. Either the coach or his agent has called and talked to Mike Broeker. It means nothing. You could take today's JS article about Howland and change the name with more than 20 college basketball coaches.
    2. Only three people and Fr. Wild know what is going on. Those three people aren't talking about it, even to good friends. It has to be close to the vest or it is a circus.
    3. If a coach's name is being floated right now, it is probably too late.
    4. Mike Broeker, for years, has been in touch with college coaches (head and assistant) for just these times. He has a very good understanding of who these people are and who would fit. He basically vets coaches all the time regardless of circumstance, though perhaps not formally. We are in great hands with all the work Broeker has done over the years preparing for this moment. He has taken an approach of "protecting our asset" and he was ready when this hit the fan. He should be our permanent athletic director.
    5. Based on everything we know we are going to get an excellent head coach. Don't believe anything any national writer says about who leads and who the top candidate might be. They have no inside information. If any national group would get the information leaked from the MU side, it would likely be Fox related. The guy who is getting the job will not leak (see Bob Knight and Bucky).

Thanks Gato... Rumors can get a life of their own.

Does that mean since Howland's name has been out there so much, he's not likely the choice?

Just means he may not be the #1 choice as they are making it seem...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by jesmu84 View Post
    Does that mean since Howland's name has been out there so much, he's not likely the choice?
    Howland I believe is the baseline candidate. He is an option, but we will do our due diligence and check out the other options.

The downside of Howland

Good radio show. Jim, if what you are looking for is a players' coach, a guy who will promote the program, a guy who will look after the academics of the players, and somebody who will shmooze with alums and supporters, you are not describing Ben Howland.

Thanks for posting this. Always nice to get some informed insight when there are so many crazy rumors floating around (i.e. - Doc Rivers will leave a NBA title contender to come coach here....) Might just swing me to purchase the premium subscription
    Everything negative -- pressure, challenges -- are all an opportunity for me to rise.

It is entirely worth it... Even moreso at a time like this... Trust me, if you want to know what's really happening and who MU is targeting it's all there.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlegal22 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Always nice to get some informed insight when there are so many crazy rumors floating around (i.e. - Doc Rivers will leave a NBA title contender to come coach here....) Might just swing me to purchase the premium subscription
    It is well worth the cost. Especially in times like this. You could join now and learn a heck of a lot. Just my humble opinion.

The past 2 days alone have paid for my premium subscription. No question about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast