Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cords email last week

Bill Cords email last week

Last week, Marquette students/alumni/fans got an email from Bill Cords. The first email, I recall, since he stepped back into the role of interim AD at the end of December.

He stated this would be the first of several emails and that MU faced challenges ahead. Makes me wonder when Cords knew Buzz was leaving?

Wow, that is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Last week, Marquette students/alumni/fans got an email from Bill Cords. The first email, I recall, since he stepped back into the role of interim AD at the end of December.

He stated this would be the first of several emails and that MU faced challenges ahead. Makes me wonder when Cords knew Buzz was leaving?
    Not necessarily. Could be talking about transitioning from the Prez and AD positions. Could have been a precursor, but I kind of doubt that.

I know that email was in the works for a while fwiw.

I would say yes, he probably knew

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I would say yes, he probably knew
    So in that case, it was not a surprise and Cords probably has been compiling a list of people to contact?

Interesting, thanks Jim. Shaka Smart's now available with VCU losing tonight.

It might also explain why this season went awry.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    It might also explain why this season went awry.
    I thought it was because of the Seniors and their legacy.

Again, it's not a coincidence that Greg Doyle on cbssports.com had additional Buzz's Bunch stories. Buzz was using the media to get his name out there. It was a negotiating ploy. Character revealed indeed.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast