Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buzz

Buzz

Starting a new thread because I don't care to respond to crap.

He called a mtg at 4:00 to inform his staff.

Mixed thoughts - he was perfect for MU. Did us right, brought us huge success.

This just set the turnaround back a few years.

Good guy. Was probably tired with MU the last few years. Fans probably had something to do with it over this past season. He still lied about his tenure - I bet we still wanted him here.

We have been in worse spots and ended off better. Time for all parties to move on.

I just don't get it and it is a potential killer with interim AD/Pres. At least Crean left for a blue blood. Losing a coach to Virginia Tech really hurts the perception of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    I just don't get it and it is a potential killer with interim AD/Pres. At least Crean left for a blue blood. Losing a coach to Virginia Tech really hurts the perception of the program.

It was the new conference, plain and simple. Buzz never liked it. Can't say i blame him. Think about who he gets to Coach against now, as opposed to who he Coached against in the new mid major BE. It's really that simple.

I wish Buzz well, but does he honestly think he will have more success at Va. Tech than he's had and would have had at MU?

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    It was the new conference, plain and simple. Buzz never liked it. Can't say i blame him. Think about who he gets to Coach against now, as opposed to who he Coached against in the new mid major BE. It's really that simple.
    And how did he do coaching against who he coached against in the new BE? Good thing he got a reported 7 year contract.

Think of it this way -- Buzz is a husband and father. He has four young kids. At 41 he can write his own ticket. Being a small town guy who has been a nomad most of his adult life. The constant moves need to come to an end because of family considerations. Virginia Tech and Blacksburg are off the beaten path. Roanoke (pop about 100,000) is the biggest nearby city. It's 45 minutes down the road. Perhaps he looks at Blacksburg as a place where he can raise his family and not have them under the microscope of a big city? He gets 7 years guaranteed and can retire by age 50 with a net worth conservatively in the neighbor of $30,000,000. If you were thinking of what is best for your family what would you do?

I hate that he is leaving and I'm disappointed. At the same time I want what is best for his family and respect that it is his choice to make. (fyi, I covered Virginia Tech sports for a couple of years)

Money is not an issue at MU. Remember MU took a big gamble on him, more so than Crean. Leaving after a down year to a lesser program does not seem like he was thankful for the position he was put in here at MU. Absent very unusual circumstances, the only thing that makes sense to me is that he is an eccentric guy and has done an eccentric thing.

Tulsa, what you said might be true, but makes everything Buzz said here a lie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast