Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    I want Howland. Who else could salvage our recruiting? I'd bet dollars to donuts Malek Harris commits to Va Tech any day now. Guessing Ahmed Hill follows suit. I could not be more irate right now.
    Ahmed Hill has signed a NLI. He cannot follow suit without being released from his NLI. He may ask out in the coming days, but he cannot commit anywhere right now.

Bob Hoffman(Mercer coach) to MU!!!!

If there is anything positive from this....Burton, Duane and Luke Fischer are Milwaukee guys and may still stay.

Does MU need to consider someone who considers the state of Wisconsin home? Shaka Smart? Annoying having to deal with this when we have had so much success.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    To blame Larry Williams for the demise of the old Big East is like blaming a passenger on the titanic for the exisitence of Icebergs
    Haha, well done.

Something must have happened to piss Buzz off again. Virginia Tech is not the same as leaving for blueblood Indiana. This tells me he just had to get out, but why?

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Ahmed Hill has signed a NLI. He cannot follow suit without being released from his NLI. He may ask out in the coming days, but he cannot commit anywhere right now.
    I can't see MU blocking him moving. Honestly, I'd rather they not block him if he truly doesn't want to be here.

Another reason to build a posh living residence for men's basketball/athletics. MU needs every single possible asset to keep coaches here and top-level recruits interested.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Something must have happened to piss Buzz off again. Virginia Tech is not the same as leaving for blueblood Indiana. This tells me he just had to get out, but why?

The conference. Period. I know i keep repeating myself, but I promise you that had A LOT to do with it. A LOT. Sure he went to the worst team in the ACC, but he's going to the best basketball conference in the country, where he once was. I will bet dimes to dollars that, more than anything else is what did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Is there anyone with honor in the coaching profession? He and Larry didn't get along. Larry gets the axe because of Buzz and Buzz leaves for Va. Tech? College basketball coaches are perhaps the most reprehensible professionals in America. Contracts, promises and relationships mean nothing to those charlatans. Was Buzz's Bunch real? Or just a marketing gig?
    Throw college football coaches in there and I agree.

If it was the criticism that he got this year that made him leave, that would be really piss poor. Deal with it. The MU community heaped almost unprecedented praise upon him until he hit a speed bump this year and almost all were universally still happy as could be to have him.

Not to paint too broad a brush, but college coaches are the biggest freakin' divas.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    The conference. Period. I know i keep repeating myself, but I promise you that had A LOT to do with it. A LOT. Sure he went to the worst team in the ACC, but he's going to the best basketball conference in the country, where he once was. I will bet dimes to dollars that, more than anything else is what did it.
    I'm sure it did, but you fail to answer the question what was MU supposed to do about the conference situation?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast